Battery draining Slk 230k 1997

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hping

Car
Mercedes-Benz Slk 230
Hello,

I have just purchased a Mercedes Slk 230k 1997. The battery is dead and it's a new battery. Looks like something is draining the battery. Has anyone had this problem?
I'm currently trickle charging it.

I have the same issue, if I charge the battery full and connect, it’s fine, but as soon as I start the car it shows a low voltage while the car is running, but as soon as I shut the car off the battery drains to zero within 20 mins, it’s a new battery which I did think was faulty so had it replaced and it keeps doing the same thing. I disconnected the block heater but it still does the same. If you have a multimeter you can test components but it’s probably worth getting it professionally diagnosed before you start replacing parts. The alarm module is Worth checking, mini no longer makes any sound when I connect the battery. 2001 S320cdi W220.

All sorts of things can cause it, need to get it on an ammeter and start pulling fuses until drain disappears.
I had same with my cls 55 amg i used a multi meter on the fuse when car had be open but locked ..i tested all the fuses and found the heated seats was draining the battery .. look up parasitic battery drain .. only cost me the price of a multi meter and an hour of my day ..good luck 😄

Hello,

I have just purchased a Mercedes Slk 230k 1997. The battery is dead and it's a new battery. Looks like something is draining the battery. Has anyone had this problem?
I'm currently trickle charging it.
Pulling fuses and seeing if the drain goes is the only way. But then you have to fix it. Autoclass in Milton Keynes sorted it a drain on my SL, took a while though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom