Battery for E36

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Palfrem

MB Enthusiast
Car
W124 E36 AMG, G 300 GEL his, SLK 200 hers
Looks like my E36 needs a new battery.

Any recommendations as to make and a cost effective supplier please?

Seems the internet is awash with them, but which one to go for?

Thanks

Our 124 has the genuine MB article but its made by Varta (as are the CLK and SLK MB batteries). Varta or Bosch would be my choice.

Shop around including your local motor factors, that's where I get mine from. Bosch on the last two occasions but any leading brand would be more than good enough and they always matched or bettered the Interweb price. I'd say a good target price is £70-75.

Mercedes will generally price match, in fact they've been cheaper than the forum sponsor on a few occasions when compared.

Mercedes batteries are very good and good price.
Otherwise Bosch S5.

Sabre (Motor Factors) close(ish) to you were cheap on Bosch batteries when Dad's 75 needed one.

Mercedes batteries are very good and good price.
Otherwise Bosch S5.
good prices in eurocarparts and u get 25% as clubmember if u r in london can get u trade discount, or if r not local get me local no i can order n send ref u just go pay n collect but need car reg for that

Recently got a new MB battery for the CLK, i rang the main dealer they wanted the RRP of the battery + £72 labour to fit it, so i went to my local indy same battery same price and free fitting. If you don't want a MB battery eurocarparts is cheap(ish) & reliable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom