Battery help for my w201 2.5 16v please guys!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sallps

Car
190e cosworth 2.5 16v
Hi I hope everyone is well, I need advice on fitting a new battery to my 190e cosworth. Ive recently upgraded my sounds system, now running a 12'sub, 2 amplifiers and upgraded door and rear shelf speakers. There seems to be a lot more electrical draw as expected and the current battery can't handle it too well, any recommendations to what battery to fit guys?

I don't know, but just to say that you'll likely also need to upgrade the alternator.

There is little point in fitting a larger capacity battery without fitting a higher output alternator.

The battery is just there to store electrical energy, not produce it. :)

There is little point in fitting a larger capacity battery without fitting a higher output alternator.

The battery is just there to store electrical energy, not produce it. :)
Spoilsport ;)

any recommendations to what battery to fit guys?

It's many years ago now so I can't give you a specific battery model, but I found that my 2.0 190e would take a substantially bigger than factory fit battery. First thing I would do is check the recommended battery for the largest diesel version and see if that is bigger than yours. Failing that all you can do determine your current battery type and check the mounting details and dimensions then look for a bigger battery with the same clamping arrangement. This information is usually available on battery websites.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom