Battery issues and warning lights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nobbymogs

Car
GL450 & C180 Shooting Brake
A bit of a interesting topic for those who having some warning light issues as well as slow starting.
Recently the gl450 has been a tad slow starting and also throwing up the odd warning light mainly the LR light and also1 other plus the keyless start didnt like the first start of the day i just thought it was a merc thing as car is now 9 years old.
We arrived back from holiday and went to start the car after over a week and she just said no although i replaced the button for the key and it did start just......
Before I ordered a new battery i done a bit of you tubing and found out there are 2 batteries 1 small 1 tucked away behind the main 1.
The main battery easy enough to sorce but as it was a a bit of a **** to change i thought id change the small 1 eventually Merc themselves worked out cheapest suprise there and they had it shipped down same day result.....
Anyway both batteries changed and its a different bloody car no warning lights being thrown up at all it may be a coincidence but im going with the theory the electrics are so sensitive on these they need 2 good batteries
Got to say im well happy for the total cost of £185.00
7258c09f9e6ccb31ff068439f50885d9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

A bit of an update since changing batteries car starts first press of button not 1 warmkng light or check light
The difference is astounding

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

The Big battery is the main starting battery and the small one is used for all other functions. However at 9 years I would say you have done pretty well on those batteries.

Roger

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom