Battery on R class

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by popes11, Apr 22, 2014.

1. popes11

popes11 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    r class
    Just having a look at how to get to the battery on a merc r class as I need to disconnect it for 5 mins. Got a link on youtube and can't believe where Mercedes have located the battery. Youtube link I have makes it look like you almost have to remove a whole seat. Whatever happened to a nice easy in and out car battery?

2. V12

V12 MB Club Veteran

Car:
    S320CDI LWB
    Decent batteries will last 5+ years these days.

3. OP
    OP
    popes11

popes11 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    r class
  4. richard

richard Authorised Forum Sponsor Authorised Forum Sponsor

Car:
    MY04 SL55, MY17 GLC250d AMG Sport
    Disconnect the Negative first (BROWN on a Mercedes). If you leave the negative connected and try and use a wrench on the positive an it touches any metal then you will be in a mile of trouble. I always take off watches and rings when going near high current feeds too.

- When reconnecting, of course connect and fully tighten the positive before moving onto the negative. Don't be tempted to go back and try and tighten the positive once you put the negative on.

(in your case, as you are just disconnecting it rather than removing, of course you just need to disconnect the negative)

Richard

Tags: