Battery Packs & Emergency Jump Starters

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have something similar and it works fine.

I did pay a bit more for it though.
So,you think should I try ?
How is it going your ?
I have a w211 and want to this .

No harm in giving it a try.

If it's no good you can get your money back from Ebay.

I have this one:

It's the cheapest Halford's do... so not suitable for any gadget-lovers on here.

It's a bit heavy (being a traditional Lead-Acid battery and not some fancy Li-ion), but it so far started any 4-cyl Diesel or Petrol car I tried it on.

(Well, it didn't crank my neighbour's A4, but I suspect his battery was knackered and short-circuiting).

I had one of those but forgot to charge to keep it charged and it died.

With the smaller ones above I have one in the car and one in the house.

Thank you for replaying .
I thought it looks like scam because of this cheap isn't anywhere .

It's difficult to tell as they could be shipped from China.

If you are unsure then have a look on Amazon as they sell something similar but a bit more expensive and still get a money back guarantee.

Still confused.

If you go for the one you posted a link to, you have to factor in the return costs should you have a problem as it may not be free.

There are slightly more expensive versions available from Amazon etc but at least you have the peace of mind if you have to send it back.

Lastly, invest in a decent more expensive model. The Halfords one is an example although only suitable for vehicles up to 2L. If you have a Costco membership, they currently have a CAT jump pack and inflator for £70

I have this one:

It's the cheapest Halford's do... so not suitable for any gadget-lovers on here.

It's a bit heavy (being a traditional Lead-Acid battery and not some fancy Li-ion), but it so far started any 4-cyl Diesel or Petrol car I tried it on.

(Well, it didn't crank my neighbour's A4, but I suspect his battery was knackered and short-circuiting).
I have had something not dissimilar for more than 20 years. It was worth it’s considerable weight in gold when my MR2 developed an unexplained habit of sounding the alarm but only in the middle of the night - hooking up the booster silenced it again. If I remember right it had a new battery and a new alternator, but still persisted. It mysteriously stopped and never returned, anyway I digress.

I’ve not actually used it to start a car for perhaps 10 years or even more - only using the onboard air compressor. I reckon it’s not been charged for 15 years, but in that time it has jump started a car three, four or maybe more times, inflated a variety of tyres and inflatable toys, and last time I checked a few months ago it still had around 40% charge. The compressor air hose perished and cracked. Not bad for £20.

I think it may have magical powers. Except the air hose.

I have a NOCO GP150, it started my 7.3 liter diesel F350 (which holds about 4 gallons of oil) in sub zero temps no problems when it had 2 dead batteries. If it can start an old diesel truck with 350k miles , i'm pretty sure it will do everything you need it to.

What do you recommend for w211 270 cdi for personal use?

This currently on offer and will do up to 4L engines

According to the Amazon ad you would need a GB40 for a 3L diesel.

Apologies, you are correct. The one I quoted was suitable for petrol engines up to 4L

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom