Battery Problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BrianWSussex

Car
250d C-Class
Stop start hasn't worked on my w204 september 2016 C250d for the last few weeks.
On Sat Mercedes Me emailed me to say the battery needed charging or a 60 min drive which I did. Yesterday and today it barely turned over when starting. The car is used every day. Are there battery/charging problems on this model?
Where is the battery actually located, I know the jump points.
She is booked in now for next week if she makes it that far !

Which did you do; charge the battery or the 60 min drive. If the battery is substantially discharged a 60 min drive won't fully charge it again and if you used a battery charger depending on what size it was, it could take a full day to charge the battery.

Well given the car is around a year old it would seem you have a duff battery i hope Mercedes replace it for you.

Thanks all for your replies. Mercedes email message was charge battery or 60 mile drive. Only thing I could do was let run for an hour or so whilst I washed and polished. I think it dragged the battery back into life but only just. The dash board charge indicator rarely shows a charge when driving so it's probable not charging or may be a duff battery as you say, I'll find out when it goes in.
On the other point, I purchased new Sept 2016. Didn't think about model numbers until now. The door pillar tag says made in South Africa Type w204

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom