Battery Problems??? god knows whats happening

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

goodeone

Car
Mercedes E320 CDI W211
Hi I'm wondering if anyone can fathom this one out. I have owned my Mercedes E Class W211 320 CDI (52 Plate) for one week now and had problem after problem, latest one is the battery warning came on yesterday saying consumer units shutting down, today the car thinks the battery is dead, I have checked with a meter and it was reading 14+ volts on both batterys, but would not start, then went back out and tried again 1/2 hour later and car started but now battery in boot reading 11.6 volts while running. Switched off and tried again 1/2 later and car won't start again but battery now reading 21 volts, Whats going on? I'm getting fed up with constant problems already. Can someone help? :mad:

Quick update, On sunday I tried another battery and all seemed fine except for consumer units shut down and Alternator Battery red warning flashing up. Today I took it to my local indi and he told me I needed a new alternator, I was hoping it was just a regulator but alas no, So at just under £600 fitted all seams well for today at least.

The alternator on my E320 failed last year and I took the alternator to Jay Electrics in Tolworth Surrey. He replaced the regulator while I waited for about £70. I know you said that it was not the regulator but I'm sure this place could repair it, as all he does is alternators and starter motors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom