Battery Protection

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gareth

Car
MX-5 Recaro
I've posted about this before, last time I had been using the car to pump up a blow up bed for around 30 minutes and then not driving the car afterwards for sometime, when I did come around to driving the car this message came up saying convenience functions were temporarily unavailable until the car had been driven for sometime, the functions then returned.

Current scenario, the car has been parked in the garage and not driven since Boxing Day, I've done nothing to the car (not even unlocked it) however upon opening the car I noticed the wing mirrors didn't fold out and sure enough when cycling through the menus this fault message reappeared.

Is this normal? Is the battery likely to be on its last legs?

Thanks,

Gareth.

Hi Gareth

I have a 2003 E320 CDI (W211) which I've had the error message coming up since November. I'd never had any problems with it starting so I just ignored the message until early this week when the battery was totally flat and the car wouldn't start:crazy: . Since yours had been a long time standing still then it may have just gone slightly 'flat' so it may not be a problem; but if the message keeps coming up then it's worth getting the battery checked. MB charged £170 for fitting and changing mine though!

£45+VAT labour charge! I took it to the garage that I normally used first but they said that they didn't know how to reset the computer etc after the battery had been disconnected so they suggested the MB dealer....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom