battery revival juice - anyone tried it ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

grasmere

Car
MB C220 D 1996
Just wondered if anyone has tried this stuff, battery revival fluid. Go to
OMEGA 908

I've attached an information pdf file, there is another (too large to upload here) which is a display leaflet. In a nutshell " omega 908 immediately acts to restore sulphated yet mechanically sound batteries and restores full capacity to all treated batteries" and lots more too . . .

The battery on my C220 D 1996 is getting tired and either wants replacing sometime or 'reviving'. I called Sovereign and the fluid is £17.15 for 500ml which for a 'one off' treatment is certainly cheaper than a new battery - if it works :confused:

If no-one has tried it I'll be the guinea pig, anyone any comments or thoughts please?

Last edited:
Personally I'd quit flogging the dead horse and buy yourself a new 'un.

I'm assuming you get a 3 year warranty with this snake oil?

Don't waste your money, any battery has a limited lifespan and this is directly linked to how many times the battery is fully discharged. A battery that is kept regularly charged will last much longer than one that is allowed to fully discharge.

These wonder cures will simply clean the plate surface but cannot reverse the chemical reactions that occur within a battery.

Crystallised lead sulphate will not dissolve in suphuric acid. This is an unfortunate but undeniable fact. It cannot be recovered back to lead oxide (active plate material), other than by reduction (with reagents) which is achieved by massive energy input. This energy input is usually achieved in a furnace where lead suphate is reduced back to elemental lead. This is how lead acid batteries are recycled - keeping me in a job.

Save your money. Buy a new battery. If it is the original battery then feel glad that it has lasted so long. Average failure occurs at 4 years.

You old battery will without doubt arrive at our works for recycling. Thank you for helping my career.

Paul G

thanks for your comments guys, wondered why I'd never really seen any mention of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom