Battery specs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pachanga 231

Car
E280 cdi sport 2007
Just some advice really

Bought a Bosch s4 silver battery 800A 95ah two year ago , it came with a five year warranty
After some problems with the starter motor the battery needs replacing so eventually they supplied with a replacement but it's a Bosch s3 720A 90ah.

Looks like a model older and the ampage numbers don't seem too far off sho should be OK to power all the toys?

In a way I'm glad that I've just managed to get a replacement under warranty so shall I just keep shtum????

The spec for you car is 95AH

You've paid for the right battery with a warranty - tell them to replace with the same battery not some cheaper alternative that is not the spec for your car

Richard

Agree with above. It should be replaced with at least the same spec as the original. Anything less is a cop out and if they have to supply you a "better" battery than the original that's their problem. Cranking power is over 10% less on replacement. You pay a premium for the bosch and that premium should cover warranty claims.

A Bosch S3 is an inferior battery so even if it had been the same AH rating it's not as good as the S4. Bosch themselves say the S3 is a basic battery for cars with few electrical extras.

Would it work - yes but with less in reserve than the proper battery.

I agree the S3 is the entry level battery, S4 being the middle product.

Without trying to sound ****y (and re-reading this I can't but help it may come across as such, not my intention) I am a bit hung up on why they are honouring the battery warranty, or is this a car warranty ?.
The Bosch warranty will be against manufacturing defects and not something caused by an outside source.
If the warranty is the car related warranty I would expect a like for like, if you have managed to get a battery warranty honoured for an outside source, all credit to you.

You would have to look in detail at the terms of the battery warranty. I recall some give a 5 year warranty but with a rider that its replacement less the previous life of the battery. i.e. 5 years less two years of use--- so normally you would get a new S4 less 2years use which you are expected to make up in the form of cash. Giving you a cheaper new replacement might be another way of doing this without charging you money?? There is a logic to this as otherwise battery manufacturers might be saddled with replacing a battery an infinite no of times.
Time to examine the small print. One thing to note is whether any replacement battery has a new warranty dated from installation or merely an extension of the previous warranty i.e. 3 years left.:dk:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom