Battery Visit Workshop red warning on dash

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

goodpw

Car
C270cdi Av (Gone) CLK500 Avantgarde (Gone) SL500 (R230)
Hi Guys.
I know this has been covered many times but each thread I have read has slightly different symptoms, so here is what I am seeing.
2002, SL500 (R230) 104000Miles. car used mainly for daily short trips (waste of a great car really)
1st symptom was "electric consumers are offline" alert when started, went away & everything worked after 10 minutes running.

I suspected it may be the battery giving up so used what I believe is an AGM compatible trickle charger overnight, this topped the battery & showed 12.2v (engine off/13.7V engine running).
The "offline" message did not appear again for a few weeks.
"electric consumers are offline" message returned quickly followed by the red "visit workshop" & Battery symbol alert. turns off by switching sreens while driving but shows as fault when engine switched off.

So I replaced the boot battery with a brand new one from Merc (156 quid), red alert still showing so ran it round for a couple of days just to top it up a bit.

Engine off voltage is - Starter Battery 12.2v / Boot aux battery 12.1v
Engine running voltage is - Starter Battery 14.1v / Boot aux battery 13.8v

Everything works fine....except for the red "visit workshop" & Battery symbol alert.
Borrowed a Delphi DS150E diagnostic, this showed up a few intermittent (seems historic) fault codes so I cleared them all & have run the program several times after each drive & no faults showing.

I'm now at a bit of a loss what to do, I can live with the light (just) as long as its not actually trying to indicate a serious fault, but the MoT is due next month & I seem to think ANY dash warning lights is a fail.

Again, I know this is a well documented problem but I'm stumped.

Cheers.
Phil.

Had the exact same problem with mine. DS150E will not clear the red battery fault.

It needs to go on star to clear that one. Did it on mine and has been fine ever since.

if you are every in coventry i can do if for you :)

Had the exact same problem with mine. DS150E will not clear the red battery fault.

It needs to go on star to clear that one. Did it on mine and has been fine ever since.

if you are every in coventry i can do if for you :)

Cheers for the advise & the offer, Coventry's a bit far for me (Shropshire)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom