Battery warning light w204

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jaks101

Car
C320 cdi
Any one know what this means

image-4064002375.jpg

I'm guessing the battery is on the way out, anyone had any experience with this.

I'm going to try to get hold of a multimeter to test the voltage.

The car starts ok and this comes on after a few minutes of driving

Does the w204 have 2 batteries? If so why?

Thanks in advance

Karl

Check your alternator and/or poly V belt. Probably signifies low battery voltage so might indicate the battery is on the way out. How old is the car=battery?

ps:- I believe there is an auxiliary battery part no A2115410001 12V 12Ah ----- best get the car checked out on a Star System.

Last edited:
If you have the ECO stop / start FACILITY code [BO3] the auxiliary battery is in the boot under a black cover beside the space saver wheel.

My car doesn't have stop start its an automatic and an 08 plate.

I can only seem to find 1 battery the one in the boot, I'm presuming this is the main battery as its huge. Any idea on the location of the 2nd battery and its use

If the main battery is in the boot [ because of its size?] I can only surmise the auxiliary if fitted is underneath the heater air duct shown here in a lhd drive car but mirror image in a rhd model obviously. large u shaped plastic air duct held to the bulkhead with 3 clips. You will have to remove the duct temporarily to access the battery properly.
w204battery2_zpscddeb92a.jpg

My car totally died today and it turned out to be the alternator that was faulty. I'm now £420 lighter !!!!

C101,and065B code,can someone help me with this code,and battery is on wend music is loud!!

More often than not it is the diode pack that fails on an alternator. You simply remove the alternator, remove the rear cover and the diode pack bolts in to the back of the unit.

These are available from Mercedes or a Bosch supplier at a fraction of the cost of a new alternator.

I had a similar problem with my W204 20 months ago, it was the alternator

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom