Battery warranty

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Seems that the battery critical problem is still continuing. My E class coupe is a year old and regularly comes up with the message. Local garage tested the battery and found it OK and recommended I ignore the message. Dealer taking car in shortly. I am beginning to suspect that the app may be involved.
Mine is also a year old and I have been getting the "battery partly charged" (but not "critical") status on the app after being parked for less than a week. I mentioned this at the first service last week. The battery checked out as good and the feedback I got was that this is quite a common complaint. The MB Service view was that the warnings were being triggered at too early a point in the battery voltage drop and that, provided there were no dashboard displays on starting the car, to ignore them. I am happy to do that with a "partly charged" warning, but not sure I could ignore a "critical" message. They did also update the telematics software, just in case that might help.

Very soon in the near future, MB cars will behave like the iPhone where the user will be lucky to get away without topping up the charge at least once a day!

And the manufacturer will be able to perform an 'update' to hobble the battery performance, thereby causing millions of customers to ditch their 'faulty' cars because it's time for an upgrade....?

And the manufacturer will be able to perform an 'update' to hobble the battery performance, thereby causing millions of customers to ditch their 'faulty' cars because it's time for an upgrade....?
Yup - aka the diesel emission update is the first of such an update! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom