battery

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bulldog123

Car
mercedes e220 cdi
hello, ive just joined this group and hope someone can help, my 2013 E220 CDI CONVERTABLE will not start , i turn the key but it just clunks etc , a few weeks ago i was parked up getting a coffe and got back in the car but it would not start, again it was just making a clunking noise, however after a few minutes it started and has been fine until yesterday when i had a moblie valeting chap cleaning the car on my drive , he had all doors etc open for at least three hours , he did not power wash the engine but did give it a clean with a cleaning solution and a cloth even though i did not request the engine to be cleaned, when he left i could not start the car and even today i have tried to jump start it from another car but nothing, can anyone suggest whats happened please or maybe it just needs a new battery, thank you

My bet is on the battery from your outline, just done mine after 9 years service and low mileage.
Even if it turns out to be something else you are probably on the limit of its useful life.

What was the donor car which you attempted to jump from? Diesels require a larger amount of power to start than their petrol cousins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom