Battle of Britain Day 15th September

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

R2D2

MB Enthusiast
Car
C350
Some of you might remember that back in April I fulfilled a lifelong ambition and flew with a Spitfire over the white cliffs of Dover and Capel le Fern. It was an amazing experience and I took hundreds of photos a couple of which are below.

My flight was arranged by Steve Burt of GoActionStations. I was talking to Steve the other day and they are doing a big event for Battle of Britain Day this year. On Wednesday 14th, Thursday 15th (the actual day) and Friday 16th September they will not only be flying the Spitfire VB but also the Hurricane as well:bannana:

I'm going to be going down to Manston on the 15th but if anyone else is interested in either a flight with the Spit or the Hurricane or a ground experience then you'll you'll need to be quick as places are nearly sold out. If anyone is interested then contact Steve on [email protected]

Maybe see some of you there -I might park my Mercedes at the back for once though;)

Last edited:
Slight revision-flights are not from Manston but in that part of Kent.

In responce to some Pms. The ground experience where you meet the pilot and can touch the planes is £50. Flights range from £185-£795 depending on how long you want. Very few places left though so email steve as above for details.

Way to go! Sounds like you are only waiting to try it again....don't blame you. There will if all goes according to plan, be 12 Spitfires (Different marks) in the air all at once at The Goodwood Revival - 16th to 18th September, as a regular there I can hardly wait to see them.

Well here we are today is the first of three days flying over the white cliffs and the kent countryside. The Spitfire and Hurricane will be flying today, tomorrow and Friday morning. I'm going down to see the aircraft tomorrow afternoon for Battle of Britain Day and believe I may be seeing at least one of you there, if nor more. I was talking via email to Steve Burt yesterday and two people have dropped out of their flights and so you might be able to bag a flight in the Jet ranger and fly with either the Spitfire or the Hurricane if you are quick.

My slot for the ground experience is at 1.00pm tomorrow so will get there early for some long range shots before the close up pics begin! See you there with those shiny wheels!

My slot for the ground experience is at 1.00pm tomorrow so will get there early for some long range shots before the close up pics begin! See you there with those shiny wheels!
Excellent. I'm sure you have a lovely time especially if this weather holds. I'm booked in at 2 O'clock so I'll be around and I'll keep an eye out for you. is anyone else going or flying tomorrow?

May have to clean the car beforehand as those wheels of yours may make mine look slighly dowdy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom