Baxi Boiler

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tan

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W140 S-Class, Porsche Cayenne and Porsche Boxster
Hi

I need to buy a Boiler and the council say that we need one with a gas saver thingy...

I have been recommended a Baxi Duo-tec 2 - 28 GA High Efficiency Combi Boiler with a Gas Saver GS 1.

As we have such a wide range of experts here, I wonder if anyone can help me get a good price for one.

Thanks

Tan

vaillant all the way. not many common faults with the boiler. and easy to diagnose/fix.

vaillant all the way. not many common faults with the boiler. and easy to diagnose/fix.

Aren't they bust?

EDIT, apparently not - I thought I'd heard it.

Last edited:
IMOH you cant get better, plus i work in the industry (not meaning to sound arrogant)

I had my temporamental Baxi boiler Safety Checked yesterday - asked the guy what boiler I should for my next place (having Vaillant in mind) and he recommended Vaillant.

Last edited:
Worcester Bosch do good lines but in fairness they aren't as reliable as the old ones due to all the micro chip wizardry they all contain

I had my temporamental Baxi boiler Safety Checked yesterday - asked the guy what boiler I should for my next place (having Valliant in mind) and he recommended Valliant.

I take it you meant Vaillant, or is there a cheap Chinese knock off?

Vaillant seems to be rated quite highly. Several firms I know from large outfits to one man bands all seem to prefer them.
IIRC if installed by an approved installer the guarantee is longer.

Worcester Bosch do good lines but in fairness they aren't as reliable as the old ones due to all the micro chip wizardry they all contain

Stay Away from worcester boilers! Last week my self and a colleague visted a property were the company i work for had fitted a worcester 24i system boiler and it had packed up... called the maufacture out under warranty. When the engineer called he did not stop complaing how poor a boiler they have designed. a lot of faults stem from there internal burner and as said poor design.

Stay Away from worcester boilers! Last week my self and a colleague visted a property were the company i work for had fitted a worcester 24i system boiler and it had packed up... called the maufacture out under warranty. When the engineer called he did not stop complaing how poor a boiler they have designed. a lot of faults stem from there internal burner and as said poor design.

All boilers now contain micro chips, and to be fair to Worcs. Heat the 24i was their budget boiler.

When my old Worcs. Heat. pack's up, if I could not repair it I'd buy one of these:-

http://www.intergasheating.co.uk

When I was in the industry, we bought the old Baxi/Blue Circle business, we always knew, Vaillant was the way to go, it's reflected in the price though!
If you're planning on going to mains pressure hot water at the same time, Vaillant do the best mating high performance storage cylinder as well....even better than Megaflow.
All IMHO of course.

This question comes up a lot on Pistonheads and a couple of plumbers on there always recommend Remeha, specifically the Avanta model.

All the brands mentioned are good (i sell them all)
All have occasional problems though.
My advice would be to go with an installer who is has been trained by the boiler manufacturer and can offer a free extended warranty included in their install price. They will charge for a yearly service but you should get peace of mind for the warranty period.
At the moment Worcester are offering a 5 year warranty of their CDI & SI models
Any installer can do and get this.
Worcester accredited installers will give you 7 years.
Other brands may do similar.
Baxi have had some problems with the new Duo-Tec
Remeha are launching a new Avanta range any time.
well worth a look at if you want high end quality but not the high end price.
It is a mine field and if money was not an issue I would consider Vaillant but at the moment they are more expensive for no better quality and service as the others mentioned.
If you end up buying the boiler yourself. If you PM me I will let you know if you are paying too much.
I am not offering to sell you a boiler as the carriage costs in getting it to you would be greater than the profit earned from the sale

Steve

You get what you pay for. As a heating engineer and not only my opinion but those of my colleagues vaillant are the best on the market.

Yes they are exspensive but worth the money if it's outside your budget then sure seek an alternative.

Alot of my experience come from vaillant and Worcester new and old, but the current line of Worcester don't come close to vaillant.

I'm going to stop now as im starting to sound like a sales rep for vaillant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom