BBC looking for rust...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yeah, plenty of fish to bite on that one

About time can provide them with foto and real life rusty bits plus give them a low down on how they caused it !

Will make interesting viewing for a 5-10 minute slot on the programme [ optimum attention span window for today's viewer before their hand strays towards the remote] Step forward an immaculately groomed professional apologist for MB who will be "grilled" for all of 3 minutes by a whiny presenter who knows zero about cars and their paint technology. They will promise to do better in the future may even pay off a couple of the complainants featured on the programme-- there might even be a self congratulatory follow up by the programme the next week. Then its back to dodgy plumbers/builders /electricians------ easier targets than billion dollar manufacturers.
NOW THEN--- NOW THEN----LADIES AND GENTS ---MOVE ALONG NOW--- NOTHING MORE TO SEE HERE---- THANK YOU AND GOOD NIGHT :rolleyes:

...from the other side. This could get interesting.

Bbc television - Mercedes-Benz Owners' Forums

Hmmm...... Just been refused a bootlid repair on my E320CDI saloon (purchased new by myself 2001 and serviced by MB). MB Dealership first claimed that there was no such warranty as a Mobilo 30 year anti-perforation warranty without first asking as to where the corrosion was or as to my ownership and service history. They backed off when I quoted my Service Booklet to them which specifically describes the 30 year.

MB Maastricht "Customer Assistance Centre", now there's an oxymoron, then refused the claim on the grounds
1.The bootlid had previously been painted.......yes..when the car was just 4 years old following corrosion on the boolid! (carried out by MB) and 2. The corrosion could be as a consequence of atmospheric conditions or damage as a result of stone chips (even though the photographs they took do not support this).

Looking forward to providing evidence and copies of correspondence to this programme.
Regards
solarmer

Hmmm...... Just been refused a bootlid repair on my E320CDI saloon (purchased new by myself 2001 and serviced by MB). MB Dealership first claimed that there was no such warranty as a Mobilo 30 year anti-perforation warranty without first asking as to where the corrosion was or as to my ownership and service history. They backed off when I quoted my Service Booklet to them which specifically describes the 30 year.

MB Maastricht "Customer Assistance Centre", now there's an oxymoron, then refused the claim on the grounds
1.The bootlid had previously been painted.......yes..when the car was just 4 years old following corrosion on the boolid! (carried out by MB) and 2. The corrosion could be as a consequence of atmospheric conditions or damage as a result of stone chips (even though the photographs they took do not support this).

Looking forward to providing evidence and copies of correspondence to this programme.
Regards
solarmer

Stone chips on the boot ? I 've hardly ever had any on the boot lids of any of the scores of cars I've had in my motoring career !

Seems a good way of harming all our residuals by getting TV to do an exaggerated an alarmist programme.

If it shames MB into stopping making substandard cars?
While I applaud your sentiment and acknowledge its important to the owners of " mature" Mercedes ;) I'm not sure if MB are desperately concerned what happens to their cars once out of 3 year warranty. Once they have made their profit on the sale of the new car and assured its retained value over its initial lease/warranty period are they to quote Catherine Tate -- "really bovered?":dk:

While I applaud your sentiment and acknowledge its important to the owners of " mature" Mercedes ;) I'm not sure if MB are desperately concerned what happens to their cars once out of 3 year warranty. Once they have made their profit on the sale of the new car and assured its retained value over its initial lease/warranty period are they to quote Catherine Tate -- "really bovered?":dk:

At the moment Mercedes cars and vans are about the only vehicles to still have serious rust problems, the sight of year old vans covered in rust, and admittedly middle aged cars with very serious rust problems can't be helping the brand?

Add to that the cronic unreliability, expensive servicing and poor build quality - I agree that most new MBs "sold" are just on contract rental and are essentially just hire cars, but they need to ensure that after the 3 year rental period something can be done with them....

Seems a good way of harming all our residuals by getting TV to do an exaggerated an alarmist programme.

You may be right...but I don't have residuals.:D

Or, to put it more bluntly, it will serve as a lesson for buying a pile of rusty crap from a complacent and arrogant manufacturer.

Banging out thousands and thousands of cars on super cheap lease deals to anyone with a few coppers in their pocket will do more harm.
All those cars will have to find buyers with real money at the end of the term, which will be difficult.

corned said:
Or, to put it more bluntly, it will serve as a lesson for buying a pile of rusty crap from a complacent and arrogant manufacturer.

Post of the day!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom