BBC Presenter caught speeding

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

def90cars

MB Enthusiast
Car
S205 AMG C63S, W204 C63 AMG PPP, Abarth 595 Competizione, Fiat 500 Twinair, Toyota Carina E GTi
BBC News - BBC presenter Jeremy Vine caught speeding on his bike

Its this disregard for the law that gives cyclists a bad name.

I suppose if I had driven my AMG at 320% of the speed limit and said it was this nonsense of driving slow that means I have to drive with other traffic I would have been soem sort of "idiotic hoon".

Crime of the Century.

Its a fair cop.........sh1t helmet cam though!

I hope he gets banned forever bloody bikers!!:D

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

I assume the 5mph applies because the paths/roads in question are shared by both pedestrians and bikes. Being hit by a full grown cyclist at speed can be quite dangerous even life threatening especially for small child or elderly person. Some Cyclists seem to be blissfully unaware of this --- or simply don't care. :dk:

Vine is a useless and somewhat hysterical reporter. I wonder what he would have made of this on his irritating radio show if it had been somebody else.

Interestingly, pedal cycles are not bound by speed limits on the road, as these are explicitly for motor vehicles only. There is a separate offence of "cycling furiously" (a bike equivalent to DWDCAA, I guess) — a wonderfully quaint title, and one I'd love to have on my criminal record.

I assume the 5mph applies because the paths/roads in question are shared by both pedestrians and bikes. Being hit by a full grown cyclist at speed can be quite dangerous even life threatening especially for small child or elderly person. Some Cyclists seem to be blissfully unaware of this --- or simply don't care. :dk:

So true. I have nothing against cyclists as a group - I'm one myself after all. But what I dislike is the arrogance and lack of regard for others that is displayed by some. A few months ago a cyclist on a shared pedestrian/cyclist path had a go at me for "being on the wrong side" when I was walking. They seem to think that this sign means that cyclists are above pedestrians!
getresource.axd

My initial response at this was to laugh, it does seem ridiculous to be caught speeding on a bicycle at 16mph, or even to have a speed limit at 5mph - people jog faster than that.

But, to be fair I'm a keen cyclist and I've had friends run into people and do some reasonable damage so I can understand why this has actually been taken seriously by the police..

They have suspended his cycling proficiency certificate for 3 months then he has to sit a retest!

Tony.

Being hit by a full grown cyclist at speed can be quite dangerous even life threatening especially for small child or elderly person.
IIRC there was a fatal collision in a London park a couple of years ago.

In 2007, cyclist Peter Messen who killed a pedestrian while riding on a pavement in Cornwall at 25mph escaped with 300 hours of community service.
:eek:

5mph zone: I think I'd fall off my bike if I went that slow.

I think my frustration is he will gladly make a 30 minute slot on some ridiculous miscarriage of justice (i.e total nonsense for the dim-witted) and then justify his actions with a complete load of bunkum like "I had to do it.

Why didn't he just say sorry for endangering the pedestrians.

Vine is a useless and somewhat hysterical reporter. I wonder what he would have made of this on his irritating radio show if it had been somebody else.

Cannot stand his radio show or him. Extend Ken Bruces's show for an hour and bring forward Steve Wright's show for an hour. As long as Steve Wright stops saying "Ta" :confused: after the news at 2pm. Grrrr.

And dont even get me started on Fuzzy Felts when she stands in for Vine or anyone else for that matter.

Other than that, good morning all.

Last edited:

Exactly! Him and Robert Peston droning on really get my wick.

Edit.......morning John:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom