BBC Top Gear. Complaints after Stig shooting.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hopefully this means they have lined up a new Stig - the show needs it.
Have you seen the high lights of the Stig Farm, where they go to choose a new one?

I wonder if those same complainers also complained that the second show intimated at Stig being baby Jesus :D very doubtful

There have been more complaints which Ofcom are to investigate (according to the Mail and/or Express) because they wore burkas as a disguise.

What is wrong with these people?

That STIG Farm is brilliant :D I'm always amazed how Top Gear comes up with really creative ideas to overcome some difficulties...like "old Stig" leaving, lol

Although, at least they could change the clothing color of the new one...Just to be different....Erhmmhmh, something unusual, like pink? :doh:

I personally thought the Stig bit of the program was a bit naff, but felt no urge to complain, maybe I have a higher tolerance level than some people.
Didn't everyone know the Stig is just a character, nearly everyone who watched Top Gear regularly would understand the sketch for what it was surely?
At the end of the day, Ben Collins is still alive and well on some other TV channel so what is the problem.
Was there anyone who didn't already know Ben was the Stig before this book came out? I'm curious

People are complaining about a fictitious character replacing another fictitious character in a car show ?

Last to leave, close the door and put out the lights ...........

Was there anyone who didn't already know Ben was the Stig before this book came out? I'm curious

Yes, almost everyone. Only some of those who knew him or had direct dealings with him knew for sure. Others simply had to decide whether or not to believe the fevered press speculation. I had read on many occasions that he was the most likely candidate, backed up by all kinds of "evidence", but in truth it was all by way of press reports, so I had no idea as to whether or not it really was him.

Also, Ben Collins appeared on the show as himself in at least two episodes (remember the one where he was driving the CLK that his mate had to parachutre into, for instance?). They wouldn't have used him on those occasions if they thought everyone knew who he was.

As it turns out, several other people were used as stand-ins during his tenure, so it's worth remembering that the character was (is) of more importance that man in the costume at any given time.

Yes, almost everyone. Only some of those who knew him or had direct dealings with him knew for sure.

I don't know the guy and I don't have any dealings with him and I knew. It wasn't much of a secret.

It had been publicised before. The media just like to conveniently forget a minor revelation if they can resell the same story a year or two later as a new bigger and better revelation.

Publicised, yes. Confirmed, no. Thus, it was press speculation, however many times the story appeared.

Wasn't the confirmation there when the Hampster had his bad accident, with everyone being named and Ben Collins being the only one not seen in person but the Stig was there?

seriously who is going to complain who has that time to waste in there lives..

I love TG, but I just walked upstairs toward the end of the second episode. Hope they get back to their best soon.

I can't understand why anyone would complain over such a stunt. Meant as a laugh but some people obviously not aware of the "Stig story"

They should look at the latest Frankie Boyle DVD if they feel offended:eek:

Forget feeling offended - if it's anything like his current C4 show then mind-numbing boredom will set in a lot lot earlier than any offense.

I can't understand why anyone would complain over such a stunt. Meant as a laugh but some people obviously not aware of the "Stig story"

I don't know who Frankie Boyle is nor did I know who the Stig was! Did I care? No not really it's called "Light entertainment" for a reason:D. As has been said before in this thread, you don't have to watch it. I suspect the majority of the population have access to at least 40 channels nowadays, i.e. more choice than ever before. They could also use the button usually marked circle with a vertical line through the top and go do something else. The TV doesn't even get switched on in our house Christmas Day, we play games and interact with each other, the whole family, 4 generations. It's one of the few times a year we all get together.
I'm not a lover of horror films personally, so I don't watch them, I don't complain about them though. I have a choice as to whether I watch or not, so does everyone else.:wallbash:

Now, now, Ben Collins can tell you the colour of the (Reserve, admittedly) boat house at Hereford and is probably delighted at the publicity.

However, I was outraged by certain parts and wrote a stiff (well it would have been stiffer had it not been flecked with spittle) letter to the BBC in my very greenest ink.

Sirs

It is an absolute disgrace that during these difficult times money is wasted because some buffoon does it gangsta style without benefit of the proper sights.

article-1340596-0C8F7EC1000005DC-789_634x308.jpg

With proper planning and for a modest outlay Mr C. would have produced excellent results with far greater economy of ammunition.

sideways_gun_sight.jpg

Yours,

Outraged of Guildford

they could change the clothing color of the new one...Just to be different....Erhmmhmh, something unusual, like pink? :doh:

I vote for Sabine Schmidt!

Go, Pink Stigette!!!!!

:D

Watched his TV show, do we really need N***** and P*** jokes? Thought we left that behind in the 70s. I don't think he is a racist, but that kind of language is taking it too far

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom