BBC1 and BBC2 missing from my 6 month old Sony?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Palfrem

MB Enthusiast
Car
W124 E36 AMG, G 300 GEL his, SLK 200 hers
Just re-tuned the TV following the switch-over but BBC 1 & 2 are nowhere to be found?

Anyone got any ideas please?

They'll be in the last place you look...

I know, they're not what they use to be, I don't recognise them either any more...

Just re-tuned the TV following the switch-over but BBC 1 & 2 are nowhere to be found?

Check reception. My parents needed their aerial reorientated when they originally tried to use Freeeview - as they were only getting some of the channels.

ITV took the place of BBC2 for us last night at midnight.

Not bothered retuning though as the main tele is cable.

Certainly check you're pointing at the correct transmitter, then delete all the channels and do a fresh scan. It's important to actually delete all the existing channels before you scan. Once you've found BBC 1 and BBC 2 (they are out there, honest) you won't have to delete everything before a rescan in the future.

We are on the same transmitter as we always were.

Previously got good reception via a newish ariel.

Our 6 year old Sony HDD has found BBC1 and BBC2 with no problems

ITV took the place of BBC2 for us last night at midnight.

This is an aspect of the Freeview setup that really disappoints me.

I've lost count of the number of rescans and messing about I've had over the last few years as they've messed about with it.

We are on the same transmitter as we always were.

Previously got good reception via a newish ariel.

Our 6 year old Sony HDD has found BBC1 and BBC2 with no problems

Could still be aerial or cabling or interference.

The tuner in one may simply be better at locking on than the other.

Where we are they are switching off analogue shortly. Some changes were made last night and our tv's all need retuning.

From your location I'm guessing you're looking at Sutton Coldfield, in which case this may help.

The reason I advised to delete all the channels is explained in there as well, but it would appear you're not alone.

Also here

Last edited:
Thanks chaps I will check this all out tomorrow.

Thanks for all the suggestions chaps - but no progress at all.

Off to John Lewis for some advice...

Re-tune the tv using auto-tune.
Happened all over the country!

If you're picking up from Sutton Coldfield, the BBCA mux that carries those channels started up yesterday. Analogue ITV moved, and analogue BBC2 shut down.

On 21 Sept, the rest of the switchover happens, so no analogue channels and a full Freeview rescan will be needed. Also, the Freeview power output goes up from 8kW to 200kW, so reception should be greatly improved in fringe areas.

Freeview on Sutton Coldfield TV transmitter | ukfree.tv - independent free digital TV advice

I've spoken to the Sony Guru at JL and he tells me it is a National problem and most of the TVs in his showroom are similarly affected.

Seems we must wait for phase 2 on the 21 Septemebr to get it fixed.

We also have a 6 month (ish) old Sony (KDL40-EX503) and use the Sutton Coldfield transmitter.

Did a DVB (Freeview) auto tune and voila (though we had to do it twice).

The first time I missed the "confirm" button push.

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom