Bbc1 now

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The _Don

MB Enthusiast
Car
Mb
Apples Broken Promises - could be interesting.

Apples Broken Promises - could be interesting.

Would never touch anything Apple....Overhyped, overpriced etc and not even the best technology.
Watching out of curiosity, but suspect all the apple "sheep" will not care and still make them richer.

Neil

Seen a bit on the news and my first thought was how can they warrant charging so much for their goods when they're made for peanuts in China. It would be interesting to see the mark ups through the supply chain

It's disgusting the way these employees are treated and how many 'promises' are broken by Apple.

Lies, corruption and worker exploitation in a communist country.
Hardly a surprise.

I own a business that buy's a lot from China. We have lots of small customers and one huge UK customer (£1Bn turnover huge). The huge UK customer buys a great deal of product from us for their outlets.

Our huge customer takes their ethical policy very seriously and we have to demonstrate that the goods are produced ethically. To the end that I'll be flying to China early next year and touring the factories that we buy from with representatives of our customer so they can make sure nothing unpleasant or ethically unsound is occurring so that nothing unpleasant is printed in the press about them.

It's quite refreshing these days that a company of this size is still interested in ethically sourced product. Of course an element of this is self preservation, but now having worked with them for a while they couldn't be further away from the Apples, Tesco's and Nike's of this world if they tried. We got pretty lucky picking up this customer.

Last edited:
Would never touch anything Apple....Overhyped, overpriced etc and not even the best technology.
Watching out of curiosity, but suspect all the apple "sheep" will not care and still make them richer.

Neil

Typical anti Apple rubbish, I am not a sheep, just because I like the OS, like the design & they always work for me without issue why should I be labelled a sheep, I am sick of the constant anti-apple propaganda based on rumours, internet trolls & the like.

I have multiple Apple machines that have outlasted many another machine, I have always had great customer service from them so why should I change ??

Get with the real world & accept that people have choices & just cause you don't agree does not make it wrong, it's like the some of the BMW forums I used to be on...always putting down other brands.

I don't doubt that Apple products work well, but individuals also have a personal responsibility that whatever they do or purchase impacts on others. If a company has a bad record then avoid their products, hitting them in the balance sheet may make them focus a little more on their corporate responsibilities

Sadly, I suspect other hardware brands are worse, but the Microsoft haters had to find something else now Microsoft is no longer the easy target.

How street am I? "Haters". What have I become? Word up.

Typical anti Apple rubbish, I am not a sheep, just because I like the OS, like the design & they always work for me without issue why should I be labelled a sheep, I am sick of the constant anti-apple propaganda based on rumours, internet trolls & the like.

I have multiple Apple machines that have outlasted many another machine, I have always had great customer service from them so why should I change ??

Get with the real world & accept that people have choices & just cause you don't agree does not make it wrong, it's like the some of the BMW forums I used to be on...always putting down other brands.

Sorry if you do not like others having a different opinion. I have worked in IT most of my life. All my gadgets still work. I can also do what I want with them, and run whatever I see fit on them (I own them, so they are mine),
Every body I know using apple stuff (and the numbers are diminishing rapidly due to their control over what you can do with it, ie cannot even view websites with flash etc etc, because apple fell out with them) are slowly going over to Android when their contracts come up.
I can play any music, video etc freely, from anywhere, in any format.
My phone will talk to any computer, netbook, laptop, tab, in car phone system etc with no problems.
That is my opinion. You feel free to stick to having to be committed to everything apple, and pay the premium, so it talks to each other (and apple of course, as they really control it, and the rest of the world, it seems).
Watching that program, I am surprised anything works. Teenagers doing 18 hour days, for 18 days, falling asleep whilst testing etc??...They must be brilliant.
I will stick to stuff that always works, with everything, including all my windows computers, Bluetooth devices etc, and is not killing thousands of people earning pence so they can become "trillionaires"

We will never agree.

Neil

Sorry if you do not like others having a different opinion. I have worked in IT most of my life. All my gadgets still work. I can also do what I want with them, and run whatever I see fit on them (I own them, so they are mine),
Every body I know using apple stuff (and the numbers are diminishing rapidly due to their control over what you can do with it, ie cannot even view websites with flash etc etc, because apple fell out with them) are slowly going over to Android when their contracts come up.
I can play any music, video etc freely, from anywhere, in any format.
My phone will talk to any computer, netbook, laptop, tab, in car phone system etc with no problems.
That is my opinion. You feel free to stick to having to be committed to everything apple, and pay the premium, so it talks to each other (and apple of course, as they really control it, and the rest of the world, it seems).
Watching that program, I am surprised anything works. Teenagers doing 18 hour days, for 18 days, falling asleep whilst testing etc??...They must be brilliant.
I will stick to stuff that always works, with everything, including all my windows computers, Bluetooth devices etc, and is not killing thousands of people earning pence so they can become "trillionaires"

We will never agree.

Neil

Well I guess we will never, and I too work in IT, really, you're pulling the flash argument that is 3 years old & out of date due to HTML5 etc.

Other mobile devices no longer support flash from the box so in the end Adobe dropped mobile support back in 2012/3 & has even been dropped in Android as of 4.1.

I don't have to be totally committed to Apple as iOS 8.1 works fine in my car & with everything else I use in my day to day life.

I think you'll find that that statement may be false as the latest reports state the opposite & there is a 26% move from Android devices to Apple due to the fact that Android force google mail etc on you & you have to use a third party mail app to get multiple mailbox support :dk:

I have owned Android devices (Samsung S3 LTE & Googles Nexus 5) Samsung was crap, within 3-4 weeks of ownership it was a brick due to a non media hyped chip issue, then once fixed within 12 months I hit issues with the phone being non responsive, again quite a few other users experiencing the same. Nexus was a good phone but again would just shut down & reboot whenever it felt like it:D

Well I guess we will never, and I too work in IT, really, you're pulling the flash argument that is 3 years old & out of date due to HTML5 etc.

Other mobile devices no longer support flash from the box so in the end Adobe dropped mobile support back in 2012/3 & has even been dropped in Android as of 4.1.

I don't have to be totally committed to Apple as iOS 8.1 works fine in my car & with everything else I use in my day to day life.

I think you'll find that that statement may be false as the latest reports state the opposite & there is a 26% move from Android devices to Apple due to the fact that Android force google mail etc on you & you have to use a third party mail app to get multiple mailbox support :dk:

I have owned Android devices (Samsung S3 LTE & Googles Nexus 5) Samsung was crap, within 3-4 weeks of ownership it was a brick due to a non media hyped chip issue, then once fixed within 12 months I hit issues with the phone being non responsive, again quite a few other users experiencing the same. Nexus was a good phone but again would just shut down & reboot whenever it felt like it:D

FWIW I am due another upgrade/renewal on 2 of my phone contracts. I am now actually not sure where to go (no disrespect, but apple was not one I would look at).
Running an HTC one X64 (mine) and the misses using an HTC one M8? I think it was/is.
Specs do not seem to have changed much, and both phones still do everything we want them to (although mine has a scratched camera lens after 2 years in a pocket). I still have every phone since the original Motorola brick, and numerous Nokia's (from when I work in R&D there) that still all work, although I think a couple of batteries do not hold charge now. I have looked after every technology device I ever owned, most now still have boxes, chargers etc and most still look almost like new.
The only Apple device I liked, at the time, and did lots of programming on, was an Apple IIE with extra twin floppy drives, used to display printers at an exhibition (must have been back in about 1984-6?).
Getting older, I now find my phone mostly annoying, and leave it in the car for many hours at a time.
I now work on a basis of "I will call when I am available. I will not answer a phone whilst driving, sitting on toilet etc. I am not at others beck and call.

If I upgrade etc soon, I suspect I may go Samsung this time, as I can upgrade the memory, and change the battery (because I now forget to put it on charge, so could keep couple of spare charged batteries, one in car, one at home etc).

Neil

If I upgrade etc soon, I suspect I may go Samsung this time, as I can upgrade the memory, and change the battery (because I now forget to put it on charge, so could keep couple of spare charged batteries, one in car, one at home etc).

Neil, if you go for a Samsung then you'll be changing battery more often than you were expecting:

Samsung offers S4 owners free replacement on faulty batteries | Technology | The Guardian

How to fix common Samsung Galaxy S4 problems - AndroidPIT

Sadly, the replacement batteries suffer just as much as the original.

S4 seems worst affected but we've had problems with other models at work too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom