BBC3 Freak Like Me (Car Cleaning)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Simon_M

MB Enthusiast
Car
Mini & Porsche
New series on BBC3 @ 8:30pm about people with OCD. One on the advert seems to show a guy who obsessively cleans his car.

On now....

Be warned there is some disgusting stuff!

That girl from Glasgow. What a daft bint!!

The Zit woman put me off, but to be honest the car cleaning guy seemed a bit of an amateur - Dodo all round, bit of clay, Poorboys wheelseal. He even used a sponge an claimed it took him 8-10 hours.

Bit of a half-ar$ed job if you ask me....

S

I saw that...drawn in by the advert showing the car guy.

8-10 hours?? Pah!

I spent from 10am Saturday morning until it got dark, then 10am Sunday morning until it got dark sorting out the other half's new 135i...it was a state!

I aimed to just give the car a good claying, machine cut, wax and polish (about a days work or so) but ended up:

- Taking the drivers door trim off the clear out the glass left from when it had clearly been broken into previously

- Removed the front bumper to fix all the lose trim and ducts that hadn't been put back properly in its previous life

The paint has that many swirls that whilst I got 75% of the out, I've now had to invest in an even more abrasive pad and cutting compound for my polisher to get the paintwork as new as possible.

All in all, it wasn't a bad effort - pics on my other thread!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom