BBS CH on a w124?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

carat 3.6

MB Enthusiast
Car
S124 E300d wagon, W124 om606 monster, E46 v8 coupe
What does the forum think about these alloys on a w124? Do they suit it or is it a no go? :dk:

IMG_9837.jpg

IMG_9839.jpg

IMG_9836.jpg

IMG_9834.jpg

IMG_9832.jpg

Looks great
This forum is famous of hating aftermarket wheels so watch this space ha ha you'll will get hammered

The alloys look great but boy is that car lowered

Looks good, not quite as good as rs wheels. I think 10/20mm higher with higherprofile tyres would look better.

Looks great
This forum is famous of hating aftermarket wheels so watch this space ha ha you'll will get hammered

True, I'm surprised at the lack of haters to be honest!:)

The alloys look great but boy is that car lowered

Looks ace though...
[YOUTUBE]bk5sJz8Kr4Q[/YOUTUBE]

Looks good, not quite as good as rs wheels. I think 10/20mm higher with higherprofile tyres would look better.

I agree the ride height is too low for daily use, I was thinking of using 225/40/18 and 255/35/18, those sizes have worked well for me before.:cool:

Carlsson 1/12?

Or if I can find some in the staggered size I want, what about these? :cool:

mb124014.jpg

mbstadium012.jpg

forest023.jpg

mb124022.jpg

I had RS's on my w126 sec as they were "period" wheels. They ran on the racing versions and I think suited the car.

PICT1687.jpg

Rial made an 18"x8" version of the standard 8 hole Mercedes wheel which work very well on a W124 but they are terribly hard to come by.

Rial_18x8_.jpg

Rial_18x8.jpg

Last edited:
Are they 18" LM replicas you currently have? Why not keep those and lower the rear?

I have these staggered 8.5/10J wheels ET30 which could be for sale.

Love the BBS RS look, superb wheels that really work well on the German cars of the era. Also the Rial wheels (or the Brabus Monoblock III in like style) - but not on that 112!. I also like the Carlssons but like JJJ in a smaller size (not much less).

I do think the others look better on a later generation BMW.

I had RS's on my w126 sec as they were "period" wheels. They ran on the racing versions and I think suited the car.

PICT1687.jpg

The RS's do work well on a w124, but I'm already running a set on the bmw so trying not to go with those. They do look good on your sec though.:thumb:

Are they 18" LM replicas you currently have? Why not keep those and lower the rear?

I have these staggered 8.5/10J wheels ET30 which could be for sale.

Thanks for the offer but those wheels aren't really what I'm after. The gold estate has LM reps, but that car is staying as it is. It's just a runabout.

The reason for the thread is that I'm about to wake up my saloon from it's 5 year sleep, and it will need a new set of wheels to finish it off.

SAM_0759_zpscistj0m3.jpg

:thumb: Those are a winner for me but maybe in a smaller dia. Lovely.

The Carlsson 1/12's are winning it for me at the moment, but I'm stuck with an 18" rim to clear the brakes. I think the ones in the picture are 19" which is a little too big, an 18" with a 40 profile tyre is what I'll be looking to use.

Love the BBS RS look, superb wheels that really work well on the German cars of the era. Also the Rial wheels (or the Brabus Monoblock III in like style) - but not on that 112!. I also like the Carlssons but like JJJ in a smaller size (not much less).

I do think the others look better on a later generation BMW.

Seem's the RS is the most popular choice here.:bannana:

Last edited:
Carlsson 1/12 would be my first choice, partly down to the amount of VWs now fitted with RS wheels.

I'm 99% sure the Carlssons in those pictures are 8.5Jx18 ET40.

Carlsson 1/12 would be my first choice, partly down to the amount of VWs now fitted with RS wheels.

I'm 99% sure the Carlssons in those pictures are 8.5Jx18 ET40.

You're right, they are 18"! Might be the lowness that is throwing me off, I've got 2 estate's here with 18's on which don't look as big as those.

Ideally I want 8.5" wide fronts with a 9.5" or 10" rear.

That is the thing with the RS, I love them but they are everywhere!

Last edited:
Buy the Carlssons then sell them to me on the cheap when you get bored :)

Lol Brett. Haven't you got enough projects going on? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom