Be careful out there

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ioweddie

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
AMG Line Premier Plus Estate C220d
Just got this email, worth sharing

Important message from Crime Stoppers, please read...

While driving on a rural end of the roadway on Thursday morning, I saw an infant car seat on the side of the road with a blanket draped over it. For whatever reason, I did not stop, even though I had all kinds of thoughts running through my head. But when I got to my destination, I called the Police and they were going to check it out. But, this is what the Police advised even before they went out there to check....
"There are several things to be aware of ... Gangs and thieves mostly from Eastern Europe are now plotting different ways to get a person (mostly women)to stop their vehicle and get out of the car.
"There is a gang initiation reported by the local Police where gangs are placing a car seat by the road...with a fake baby in it...waiting for a woman, of course, to stop and check on the abandoned baby. "Note that the location of this car seat is usually beside a wooded or grassy (field) area and the person -- woman -- will be dragged into the woods, beaten and raped, and usually left for dead. If it's a man, they're usually beaten and robbed and maybe left for dead, too.
DO NOT STOP FOR ANY REASON!!! DIAL 9-9-9 AND REPORT WHAT YOU SAW, BUT DON'T EVEN SLOW DOWN.
"IF YOU ARE DRIVING AT NIGHT AND EGGS ARE THROWN AT YOUR WINDSCREEN, DO NOT STOP TO CHECK THE CAR, DO NOT OPERATE THE WIPER AND DO NOT SPRAY ANY WATER BECAUSE EGGS MIXED WITH WATER BECOME MILKY AND BLOCK YOUR VISION UP TO 92.5%, AND YOU ARE THEN FORCED TO STOP BESIDE THE ROAD AND BECOME A VICTIM OF THESE CRIMINALS.
THIS IS A NEW TECHNIQUE USED BY GANGS, SO PLEASE INFORM YOUR FRIENDS AND RELATIVES. THESE ARE DESPERATE TIMES AND THESE ARE UNSAVOURY INDIVIDUALS WHO WILL TAKE DESPERATE MEASURES TO GET WHAT THEY WANT."
Please talk to your loved ones about this. This is a new tactic used. Please be safe.
Get started NOW -- SEND THIS MESSAGE TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS AND LOVED ONES TO BE CAREFUL AND AWARE OF EVERYTHING AROUND THEM SO AS NOT TO BECOME A VICTIM.

Just got this email, worth sharing

Important message from Crime Stoppers, please read...

While driving on a rural end of the roadway on Thursday morning, I saw an infant car seat on the side of the road with a blanket draped over it. For whatever reason, I did not stop, even though I had all kinds of thoughts running through my head. But when I got to my destination, I called the Police and they were going to check it out. But, this is what the Police advised even before they went out there to check....
"There are several things to be aware of ... Gangs and thieves mostly from Eastern Europe are now plotting different ways to get a person (mostly women)to stop their vehicle and get out of the car.
"There is a gang initiation reported by the local Police where gangs are placing a car seat by the road...with a fake baby in it...waiting for a woman, of course, to stop and check on the abandoned baby. "Note that the location of this car seat is usually beside a wooded or grassy (field) area and the person -- woman -- will be dragged into the woods, beaten and raped, and usually left for dead. If it's a man, they're usually beaten and robbed and maybe left for dead, too.
DO NOT STOP FOR ANY REASON!!! DIAL 9-9-9 AND REPORT WHAT YOU SAW, BUT DON'T EVEN SLOW DOWN.
"IF YOU ARE DRIVING AT NIGHT AND EGGS ARE THROWN AT YOUR WINDSCREEN, DO NOT STOP TO CHECK THE CAR, DO NOT OPERATE THE WIPER AND DO NOT SPRAY ANY WATER BECAUSE EGGS MIXED WITH WATER BECOME MILKY AND BLOCK YOUR VISION UP TO 92.5%, AND YOU ARE THEN FORCED TO STOP BESIDE THE ROAD AND BECOME A VICTIM OF THESE CRIMINALS.
THIS IS A NEW TECHNIQUE USED BY GANGS, SO PLEASE INFORM YOUR FRIENDS AND RELATIVES. THESE ARE DESPERATE TIMES AND THESE ARE UNSAVOURY INDIVIDUALS WHO WILL TAKE DESPERATE MEASURES TO GET WHAT THEY WANT."
Please talk to your loved ones about this. This is a new tactic used. Please be safe.
Get started NOW -- SEND THIS MESSAGE TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS AND LOVED ONES TO BE CAREFUL AND AWARE OF EVERYTHING AROUND THEM SO AS NOT TO BECOME A VICTIM.

It is a fake and does not come from Crimestoppers, google it.

It's a sad world we live in, where regardless of whether that article is true or false, I think most if not all reading it would not be surprised if it were true.

I've no doubt it has / will happen.

Sorry but anything that says "SEND THIS MESSAGE TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS AND LOVED ONES" is guaranteed to be a hoax. This sort of message is malicious and intended to cause an 'email storm' where large numbers of people forward it on in a short space of time, potentially crashing networks/email servers.

J I called the Police and they were going to check it out. But, this is what the Police advised even before they went out there to check....

(the police called you a dope and told you to look at snopes before falling for this sort of nonsense)

"There are several things to be aware of ... Gangs and thieves mostly from Eastern Europe

Chuck in some xenophobia for good measure.

Best stay indoors and keep the tinfoil hat on.

Sorry but anything that says "SEND THIS MESSAGE TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS AND LOVED ONES" is guaranteed to be a hoax. This sort of message is malicious and intended to cause an 'email storm' where large numbers of people forward it on in a short space of time, potentially crashing networks/email servers.

It seemed reasonable enough up to the point where is said '92.5%'.... :D

'While driving on a rural end of a roadway' doesn't sound very British English to me, surely 'quiet country lane' would fit better?!

Gangs and thieves mostly from Eastern Europe are now plotting different ways to get a person (mostly women)to stop their vehicle and get out of the car.

the person -- woman -- will be dragged into the woods, beaten and raped, and usually left for dead. If it's a man, they're usually beaten and robbed and maybe left for dead, too.

Chuck in some xenophobia for good measure.

Nothing more (or less) than slandering East Europeans with an EU referendum looming.

A referendum in the UK where the votes are cast based on factual knowledge. Aye, right.

Blimey! I was only trying to make people aware, did not expect all the negative comments, I won't bother next time

ioweddie said:
Blimey! I was only trying to make people aware, did not expect all the negative comments, I won't bother next time

Sorry chap, wasn't intending to be negative. Just curious how things are written sometimes. At least it sparked some comment and hopefully awareness of people's safety. There are a lot of nutters out there :)

I think the point is that it appeared to come from a credible source but didn't. It is always wise to check these things out before broadcasting them.

As for "made me think",if you were warned about zombie killers in the next village would you think about that? Some things just don't pass the credibility test, do they?

As for "made me think",if you were warned about zombie killers in the next village would you think about that?

It would make you think if the next village to you was Rotherham.

pipmk said:
I think the point is that it appeared to come from a credible source but didn't. It is always wise to check these things out before broadcasting them. As for "made me think",if you were warned about zombie killers in the next village would you think about that? Some things just don't pass the credibility test, do they?

You should see where I live. Rammed with zombies I tell you!

My two eldest zombies have moved out now so I only have the one to deal with at the moment. :D

Whether right or wrong, thanks for the intention and the effort OP :thumb:.

Forums are strange places at times :crazy:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom