Be careful wot u wish for

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gd320

Put me c class 320 in for remap. 2 1/2 wks ago for a 2 hour job, he rang later that day , to say the chip won't take the remap, and he'd try putting the old map on , rang me an hour later, couldn't put the original map on, and he'd have to send the ecu to the company who wrote the remap , rang me 3 days later to say the ecu had been corrupted , and it now needs a new ecu, a week later he rings and says ecu is fitted, but now car must go to mercedes for keys to be matched to ecu , so 2 1/2 weeks later here I am , still without car, thought remap was good idea, thinking back , maybe no such a good idea !!!!

WOW that's sounds to be a PITA , sorry to hear about your experience, was looking only yesterday about tuning the E350 CDI this has somewhat killed my enthusiasm for it now :eek:
Hope you get it sorted

I say chaps, I put my c class 320 in for a remap. Two and a half weeks ago for a two hour job. He rang later that day to say that the chip won't take the remap and he'd try putting the old map on. He rang me an hour later and said that he couldn't put the original map on and he'd have to send the ECU to the company who wrote the map. He then rang me 3 days later to say that the ECU had been corrupted and it now needs a new ECU. Now a week later he rings and says the ECU is fitted, but now car must go to Mercedes-Benz for the keys to be matched to ECU

So 2 1/2 weeks later here I am still without car. I thought remap was good idea, thinking back maybe not such a good idea !!!!

On the flip side I just had by SAAB mapped for £80 +25bhp and now 420nm of torques without any issues. Did he not say what caused the corruption?

I take it you're not paying for any of this?

Yes, the remap company has agreed to do the remap for free, and they have covered the cost of the ecu £900 plus vat

seems to me the best way is to get a brabus chip.
-just a shame they are so much more expensive than a remap

Its the same with any tuning there are people that think they know what they are doing and people that really know what they are doing, too many cowboys out there but some good guys with solid reputations on this forum who I would not hesitate to use :thumb:

Its the same with any tuning there are people that think they know what they are doing and people that really know what they are doing, too many cowboys out there but some good guys with solid reputations on this forum who I would not hesitate to use :thumb:

Had my TomTom done last week, no problems up to now.

Tbh I've used this company before , with other cars, and never had a problem, I can only assume this is a one off thing that's happened

Tbh I've used this company before , with other cars, and never had a problem, I can only assume this is a one off thing that's happened

It's possible it went wrong during - like a loss of power or they cocked up.

Firmware updates are at best scary on most things of significance (car ECU's, server hardware etc.).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom