Be Seated BS / C63 2012

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

H20 MRV

Car
RS4
Greetings All,

I am told that the Black series seats are in fact Recaro Pole Positions,

Like... Recaro Pole Position FIA Motorsport bucket seat - GSM Sport Seats - Bucket seats, racing seats, motorsport seats, roll cages and harnesses

with the £500 leather option of course,

And for the mounts... Recaro Seats Mercedes Benz C-Class (W204) Direct Fit Sub-frames - GSM Sport Seats - Bucket seats, racing seats, motorsport seats, roll cages and harnesses

But the dealer seems to think that these will NOT fit the 2012 C63 facelift Coupe, Does anyone Know better?:dk:

Cheers RG.

They wont direct bolt you will need some runners out of the black series or some custom mounts ;)

Give me a shout if you need more info, done loads of custom installs inc cages

Hi Matt,

I have been on the Recaro dealers and they say that this set up will work, its just that no one has tried it!!

What I will do is order the runners and seat mounts and do a try fit, if it works and I am sure it will its BS seats for me!!

side mounts... Recaro FIA Steel Side Mount Brackets To Fit Pole Position - GSM Sport Seats - Bucket seats, racing seats, motorsport seats, roll cages and harnesses

runners.. Recaro Seats Mercedes Benz C-Class (W204) Direct Fit Sub-frames - GSM Sport Seats - Bucket seats, racing seats, motorsport seats, roll cages and harnesses

seats..with the black leather option or course!
Recaro Seats Pole Position with ABE Bucket Seat - GSM Sport Seats - Bucket seats, racing seats, motorsport seats, roll cages and harnesses

I'm not sure what's so wrong with the standard C63 seats?

In my opinion, it would surely get tiring, having to squeeze yourself into a bucket racing seat each time you got in your car.

Surely these seats are designed for touring car racing and not day to day use.

Again, it's only my opinion, but I see this project as completely pointless and a waste of money that could be best spent increasing performance - not that the standard car really needs that either by the way.

Well....my c63 is a toy and its getting..

1/lightweight brake discs with performance pads fitted
2/kw3 suspension
3/A ltd slip diff
4/ Acid remap
5/ I have a custom exhaust system with long tube headers and 100 cell cats getting made as I write
6/ grippy seats so your held in place and not sliding about the place so I can concentrate on the road and not griping the seat with my ****!!

So Paul as you know up our way its not all about power, its about grip and road holding ability, I found that out in my 996 TT / Gt2 / C4s / C2s x2 / M3s x2 e46s and x2 E92s all modified / not to mention my remapped GTR35.. way too fast, way too big for Highland Roads its not about power, its about getting from point to point as fast as possible, However if you fancy a wee highland hoon come on the next Pistonheads hoon and see how well my mods do.

Btw the seats are the same as std Rs4 or Rs6 seats, as off the assembly line.

Just call the seat companies up, Tell them what car you have and they normally have the rails for the seats that then fit the bottom part of the rails in the car floor

2/kw3 suspension
3/A ltd slip diff
4/ Acid remap
5/ I have a custom exhaust system with long tube headers and 100 cell cats getting made as I write
6/ grippy seats so your held in place and not sliding about the place so I can concentrate on the road and not griping the seat with my ****!!

So Paul as you know up our way its not all about power, its about grip and road holding ability, I found that out in my 996 TT / Gt2 / C4s / C2s x2 / M3s x2 e46s and x2 E92s all modified / not to mention my remapped GTR35.. way too fast, way too big for Highland Roads its not about power, its about getting from point to point as fast as possible, However if you fancy a wee highland hoon come on the next Pistonheads hoon and see how well my mods do.

Sounds like you are creating a nice C63, KW suspension and the LSD will make a massive difference and with the LTH and exhaust i would expect to see a good 550BHP with the Long Tube Header re-map.

The standard seats grip you quite well but those Recaro's will be awesome.....looking forward to seeing some install photos.:thumb:

2/kw3 suspension
3/A ltd slip diff
4/ Acid remap

All the very best of luck to you. That kind of stuff isn't really my scene, I just adore the C63 for what it actually is - an executive style mile muncher, not a lightweight point to point car, that really is something it'll never be.

From what I can make out, this Highland hoon thing is a drive to Pitlochry, that's just Highland Perthshire, if and when you hit the real Highlands, you'll soon realise a 4x4 would have been a better option with the state of the roads.

You purport to be from 'up my way' if you're near me, then you'll know that Grampian police and NESCAMP are hot with their camera vans and speed control, so driving at anything above the limit, where it is actually possible, will result in you getting caught.

If you drive within the speed limits I can't see these modifications making a difference, in the real world - maybe on a track you'll be able to explore your limits more?

As I say, all the very best of luck to you, if that's what you want.

All the very best of luck to you. That kind of stuff isn't really my scene, I just adore the C63 for what it actually is - an executive style mile muncher, not a lightweight point to point car, that really is something it'll never be.

From what I can make out, this Highland hoon thing is a drive to Pitlochry, that's just Highland Perthshire, if and when you hit the real Highlands, you'll soon realise a 4x4 would have been a better option with the state of the roads.

You purport to be from 'up my way' if you're near me, then you'll know that Grampian police and NESCAMP are hot with their camera vans and speed control, so driving at anything above the limit, where it is actually possible, will result in you getting caught.

If you drive within the speed limits I can't see these modifications making a difference, in the real world - maybe on a track you'll be able to explore your limits more?

As I say, all the very best of luck to you, if that's what you want.

" If you drive within the speed limits " That's a joke yes? :confused:

Also you would be very very surprised how good a C63 can be as a point to point b road car, loads of torque, loads of Grip ( though I do have HREs and Michelin super sports ) excellent brakes and balance but small enough for the roads,

The last Pistonheads run was up the west coast, round ben Nevis, over to Oban, Connell Bridge and back down via tarbert / loch long and loch Lomond, Much fun and very fast indeed, even by my standard's :devil:

If your looking for a executive mile muncher would you not be better with a E63 as its a much nicer when cruising along? I have a E class Diesel for that and its superb, the C63 is much more a loony tunes car IMHO :thumb:

Videos and Phots: PH Ecosse 2 March 2014 - PistonHeads

****** PH Ecosse Road Run - 2 March 2014 ****** - PistonHeads

" If you drive within the speed limits " That's a joke yes? :confused:

Also you would be very very surprised how good a C63 can be as a point to point b road car, loads of torque, loads of Grip ( though I do have HREs and Michelin super sports ) excellent brakes and balance but small enough for the roads,

The last Pistonheads run was up the west coast, round ben Nevis, over to Oban, Connell Bridge and back down via tarbert / loch long and loch Lomond, Much fun and very fast indeed, even by my standard's :devil:

If your looking for a executive mile muncher would you not be better with a E63 as its a much nicer when cruising along? I have a E class Diesel for that and its superb, the C63 is much more a loony tunes car IMHO :thumb:

Videos and Phots: PH Ecosse 2 March 2014 - PistonHeads

****** PH Ecosse Road Run - 2 March 2014 ****** - PistonHeads

Round Ben Nevis? I was wrong with the 4x4 statement, what you must have used was a helicopter then?

Over to Oban?, you mean down Loch Linnhe to Oban probably...?

Still you may want to check an Atlas, none of what you mention is within 100 miles of the Highlands though.

As I still maintain, all the very best of luck to you, it sounds like you'll need it, oh and you'll need the ability to dodge the numerous unmarked cars and speed camera vans too.

I wouldn't describe a c63 as an executive mile muncher... An e63, s63, or cl63 yes! A c63 is more of a go and drive like a nutter car!

I wouldn't describe a c63 as an executive mile muncher... An e63, s63, or cl63 yes! A c63 is more of a go and drive like a nutter car!

Read the statement again, I said an "executive style mile muncher", not an "executive mile muncher".

I can assure you the C63 fits this bill just fine as well as being a little mental when you want it to be, what it isn't, and never will be, is a lightweight point to point car.

What's the difference then?

Read a dictionary, it's a fairly easy thing to do, it's even in alphabetical order for you.

style (st
imacr.gif
l)
n. 1. The way in which something is said, done, expressed, or performed: a style of speech and writing.
2. The combination of distinctive features of literary or artistic expression, execution, or performance characterizing a particular person, group, school, or era.
3. Sort; type: a style of furniture.
4. A quality of imagination and individuality expressed in one's actions and tastes: does things with style.
5. a. A comfortable and elegant mode of existence: living in style.
b. A mode of living: the style of the very rich.

6. a. The fashion of the moment, especially of dress; vogue.
b. A particular fashion: the style of the 1920s. See Synonyms at fashion.

7. A customary manner of presenting printed material, including usage, punctuation, spelling, typography, and arrangement.
8. A form of address; a title.
9. a. An implement used for etching or engraving.
b. A slender pointed writing instrument used by the ancients on wax tablets.

10. The needle of a phonograph.
11. The gnomon of a sundial.
12. Botany The usually slender part of a pistil, situated between the ovary and the stigma.
13. Zoology A slender, tubular, or bristlelike process: a cartilaginous style.
14. Medicine A surgical probing instrument; a stylet.
15. Obsolete A pen.

Read a dictionary, it's a fairly easy thing to do, it's even in alphabetical order for you.

style (st
imacr.gif
l)
n. 1. The way in which something is said, done, expressed, or performed: a style of speech and writing.
2. The combination of distinctive features of literary or artistic expression, execution, or performance characterizing a particular person, group, school, or era.
4. A quality of imagination and individuality expressed in one's actions and tastes: does things with style.

7. A customary manner of presenting printed material, including usage, punctuation, spelling, typography, and arrangement.

12. Botany The usually slender part of a pistil, situated between the ovary and the stigma.
15. Obsolete A pen.

Realise you are wrong.... Answer like a ****... Good one.:fail

1/ Up the A82, turn right at the green welly shop @ Tyndrum, drive toward Fort William,
2/ Continue along this road ( Loch Leven on the right ) Until..
3/ South Ballachulish
4/ Follow the A828 until..
5/ Connel, then take the A85 back to the Green Welly shop, Tyndrum,
6/ You have just driven Round Ben Nevis,
7/ No Helicopter required,
8/ Try not to be such a ****.

1/ Up the A82, turn right at the green welly shop @ Tyndrum, drive toward Fort William,
2/ Continue along this road ( Loch Leven on the right ) Until..
3/ South Ballachulish
4/ Follow the A828 until..
5/ Connel, then take the A85 back to the Green Welly shop, Tyndrum,
6/ You have just driven Round Ben Nevis,
7/ No Helicopter required,
8/ Try not to be such a ****.

Check a map, you're about 10 miles south of Ben Nevis on that route.
Helicopter still required.

style (st
imacr.gif
l)

15. Obsolete A pen.

I'd argue that was numerical order but you seem the sort of guy to argue that one aswell :crazy:

@MattWW could you let me know what I can do to disable the error messages when starting the car up?

I took the stock seat out and took the stnd runners and installed them back in the car.
(part that slides front and rear)
then made a custom plate that fits on top of this to which I mounted the bucket seat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom