Be Warned.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ecossebev

Car
Mercedes Benz 230 TE
One of the guys at work, who is on one of the Honda forums, told me that a GTG was organised at a service station down South recently. There was 47 cars turned up for the meet and the organiser received a nice letter informing him he had an £80 fine for overstaying the 2 hour limit in the car park. He wasn't sure if any others who attended the meet had received the fine as well.
I know the average age of that particular meet would be around fifteen and a half, but just a warning for all those nice MB people who attend the organised GTG's that are posted here.

One of the guys at work, who is on one of the Honda forums, told me that a GTG was organised at a service station down South recently. There was 47 cars turned up for the meet and the organiser received a nice letter informing him he had an £80 fine for overstaying the 2 hour limit in the car park. He wasn't sure if any others who attended the meet had received the fine as well.
I know the average age of that particular meet would be around fifteen and a half, but just a warning for all those nice MB people who attend the organised GTG's that are posted here.

Those parking fines are unenforcable anyway.

I doubt Ollie or MB world will be handing out fines...

Depends on the car park, the operator, and who's enforcing, to be precise :crazy:

They are only enforceable if issued by a police person or an offical traffic warden. Any issued by anyone else are not valid and would have to go to court, but would be thrown out. They would not risk taking anyone to court as they would lose, it would then be in the papers and then they would all be out of business. Just what a lawyer has told me elsewhere.

Also has happened to my fiancee and we ignored it and after a few threatening letters never heard anything again.

haha you are funny. and talking drivel. don't rely on that advice, and hope you speak to a more informed solicitor

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom