Beading rain

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

A250 Bennyboy

Car
A Class A250 w176

Tippical just finished waxing the car and the heaven open :devil:

And these are the products I treated my new motor to;)
Cheers
Ben:thumb:

PS please post some picys of your beading cars:D

Benny, just looks like a wet car!

Get a nice close up shot :)

0d49c235467578980d197a02e8e2bd25.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 845
You could use the pictures, properly cropped and enlarged, as pieces of modern art..........!

That's not beading.

You need something like Sonax BSD, a few applications and it'll bead like this;

(it was dark, but you get the idea if you open them full size)

Beading happens when a coating makes the surface hydrophobic, and so the surface won't "wet" very well. Here's a diagram that illustrates wetting. Yours is wetting the surface. Good beading, the drops will be small, uniform and hamburger shaped.

What we want is poor wetting.
wetting-diagram.png

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 81
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
This rain we're having is only good for beading photos haha

This is Dodo Juice Red Mist on top of C1 and EXO on my CLS63.

A26B5966-2F86-422C-8BD7-8EB636E3F406_zpsrnrlebos.jpg

Although my E has done 300 odd miles since its last wash the Collinite is still beading

Bootlid
F1A7B6F3-EB1C-4241-8E96-FD8C1B0721AE_zps6yxygkoy.jpg

Roof
97236EA6-495A-46B3-B3B0-FEBD98178EED_zpsyqwi1m6i.jpg

I have had so many people say to me that there's little point in detailing a car because it will just get dirty again.

Failing to realise that a well protected car is so much easier to wash as the dirt doesn't stick!

I won't be admitting it to my real-life friends who don't clean their cars, let alone clay, wax, etc., but I found those pictures stunning!

And of course it gets dirty again but you're so right that it's easier to clean. I occasionally have to park under two large copper beeches which at this time of year rain down sap and dirt and those annoying little leaf covers, but then when I've moved it and the rain comes down on it, the sap is gone, and although still a little dirty, it's so much easier to get clean.

I use Autoglym products because my husband was given a gift set of eight products in a carrying case when he got his new car, but as it's a Motability car, he won't be cleaning his car himself. Result!

I've got some Zaino Z8 which seems to be giving the hamburger beading. It's a big weird though cos I need to be doing at least 60mph before the water on the bonnet even starts to move.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom