Beat a Vantage and a Gallardo!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

calgonis

Car
C230 Sold / 69' VW Devon Delux camper / BMW M135i
Last Saturday I got the opportinity of taking out a brand new Nissan GT-R for a thrash. I knew this chance would not come up very often so after a cautious start I soon grew in confidence. What a machine, incredible acceleration and my passenger even seemed to be enjoying himself. As my confidence grew I started to take bends at frightening speeds I had already seen 120mph on the speedo.

After driving exuberantly round a bend I spotted an Aston Martin in the distance. They must have spotted me as they started driving like a lunatic. All I could focus on was my target and I reeled them in until there were only a few car lengths between us. Just as I was planning my overtaking maneuver suddenly my passenger paniced and reached over and flashed my lights. The Aston immediately eased off to let me past admitting defeat to my superior performance car. I stifled a giggle as we flew past.

Five minutes later I only run into a Lamborghini Gallardo who was up for a race! In straight line speed there wasnt that much in it between us to be honest. However I had the higher cornering speed so the Lambo driver had to conceed in the end.

Sadly it was all over too fast for me and I had to return the car to it's rightful owner Silverstone.

:thumb:

Must have been fun, I'm not surprised it dispensed the Aston rather quickly, what are they like to drive?, really impressive piece of machinery, it's one of those cars I really like but I wouldn't buy if that makes sense?.

Someone on the SLK forum had one for 4-5 days and got shut. Back to a 350 slk i believe.

One of the reasons is its too fast and would spend 99% of its life not being driven as it should.

Fantastic kit but more suited to driving to a run wot ya brung meet

It's an affordable supercar, because you get Lambo/Ferrari performance for half the price, if not less.But so far what I heard about it, is that the ride is rough, the dashboard is cheaply made, everything bangs and knocks, useless for everyday, but brutal and a total beast on a track/when you floor it.

It's an affordable supercar, because you get Lambo/Ferrari performance for half the price, if not less.But so far what I heard about it, is that the ride is rough, the dashboard is cheaply made, everything bangs and knocks, useless for everyday, but brutal and a total beast on a track/when you floor it.

Yep! I tried three out before I bought my E350, harsh ride I could live with, dashboard I could live with - I was more concentrating on what was on the road around me whilst glancing at the screen & speedo, then back on the road... but for the life of me, the squeaks and rattles that the car makes when you're just idly driving about was unbearable would have to have music on fairly loud all the time!

Unbelievable machine though, so very quick would consider one when they drop in price a bit more as a track toy.

You should have a word with JRM in Harbour Road, Rye - they run 2 in the FAI GT1 class (SumoPower Team) and sell all sorts of competition parts for the GT-R. Nismo Competition Parts. JRM's workshop is superb - had a tour round it a few weeks ago, very impressive setup. One job they were in the middle of was sorting the twin turbo installation on a Lambo - end result will be a car the owner can drive to work, but when he wants to loon it on a track he can switch it to 1300BHP mode and a top speed north of 250mph!

GT-R is an awesome machine - one pulled away from me last weekend, I didn't stand a chance :)

Great car, some people like them i tend to think its the younger generation that like them. This is one i have changed manifolds on, detailed many times, changed splitters and fitted ecu's to the spoiler

Hes had amuse bodykits and advans but now running volks

current bhp 650bhp

Last edited:
Very nice machine and a real looker.
No doubt would run rings round nearly all cars.

But I would still rather have an Aston.

Sorry.

Whilst excellent technical cars, they have always seemed to have a touch of boy racer about them for me.

Id rather have a lambo or clk black

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom