Beautiful 560 SEC

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The old “air con needs regassing” excuse. Right and you didn’t spend the £100 to get it re-gassed. I hate it and it puts me off when sellers lie in adverts.

The old “air con needs regassing” excuse. Right and you didn’t spend the £100 to get it re-gassed. I hate it and it puts me off when sellers lie in adverts.

£100? Half that around here. Agree generally but my last car really did 'only' need a regas!

And here is probably the best one. Some will have seen it in the metal. Most know who owns it.

fvHso-wide181.jpg

Like others have said it always makes me laugh when a seller says a/c needs a regas. It also puts me straight off the car.

It either has had a regas and lost it again due to other issues or their are other issues and it doesn't need gassing at all just has other bigger issues.. Or does in fact just need a regas and the seller has been too lazy to get it done.

Either way it is not good and a massive negative point selling a car to most potential buyers. If the seller has been too lazy to get it regassed then what else have they been last with?

I got a couple of cars regassed this year with ATS via a Groupon deal for something silly like £38!

Very nice 30 year old period piece for £20k

A gem for someone, but put on the right period wheels and tyres.

11906763.jpg

Well it is a great car,it is one of the cars I wish I owned,but the advert is so typical,this car has wanted for nothing in my ownership it says and then a little further down the aircon needs gasing and the seat belt presenter does not work,followed by I only want 20 grand for it.

As above depends on the refrigerant gas required.Its likely the original system would have been filled with CFC R12. In the event its never been converted its not just a simple regas. A conversion may require a system flush , new fittings, seals, dryer and compressor oil among other things.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

As above depends on the refrigerant gas required.Its likely the original system would have been filled with CFC R12. In the event its never been converted its not just a simple regas. A conversion may require a system flush , new fittings, seals, dryer and compressor oil among other things.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That might be overkill. As long as you do a flush and change the o-rings and add the correct oil. You should be okay. No reason to replace the compressor. Problem with R134a conversions on the W126 however is that it does not work that well, at least here in Texas. In the UK, it will probably be perfectly fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom