Becker 4716 Audio 30 APS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DRBC43AMG

MB Enthusiast
Car
2013 C63 AMG coupe "T-Rex", 1999 C43 AMG saloon "Grandma" (sold), Ultima Sports Can-Am (sold)
As the stereo unit in my C43 had died (R.I.P.), I have looked around and came across a Mercedes Becker 4716 Audio 30 APS unit. I believe these were fitted on later MY cars.

Can anybody recommend this unit? It would be plugged in with the Bose speakers my C43 already has. I'm not interested in the navigation aspects of the unit but more on the quality in sound for the CD player and radio.

Juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuust buy dat friggin' HiFi, you won't regret it! :rock:
It's way better than your factory deck. :thumb:
Becker APS cd-deck is great for audio. :D

it's plug n play with your existing ISO plugs.

if you want the extra gps function on this deck, search for universal gps antenna on german ebay

Last edited:
Purchased yesterday. 150€

i'm proud of you pops! :thumb:
great :rock:

did you buy a used deck or did you find a new one?
used decks sometimes have worn knobs like someone chewed on them, which tends to look very tatty :eek: :crazy:

did you get the radio code card?

post a picture after install.

Used but unit looks in excellent condition, including knobs :)
No pixel faults on this one contrary to some for sale and identified with this problem.

Purchased yesterday.
g.png
150€

where I can purcase it?

Do a search on ebay.de (best place to find one) using BE 4716 Audio 30 APS

Last edited:
i'm proud of you pops! :thumb:
great :rock:

did you buy a used deck or did you find a new one?
used decks sometimes have worn knobs like someone chewed on them, which tends to look very tatty :eek: :crazy:

did you get the radio code card?

post a picture after install.

No codes supplied but easy to find using this site www.radio-code.lt thanks to Spike on here.
Not yet tried and installed. That will be for the next days.

Question:
Why use a GPS antenna when I'm not going to use the navigation. Does it help for better "standard" radio reception?

Attachments

• DSC_0207.jpg
    DSC_0207.jpg
    226.1 KB · Views: 15
The GPS antenna makes no difference to radio reception. The navigation function is actually pretty good as long as you are happy with the basic arrows display.

The GPS antenna makes no difference to radio reception. The navigation function is actually pretty good as long as you are happy with the basic arrows display.

Being a member of the "older" generation, I have never owned a GPS equipped vehicle. A set of good road maps is sufficient for all my getting around needs. I imagine that finding an address in an unknown town will be easier and an definite advantage with a GPS. However, I see that smartphone apps today look to do the same thing as on-board GPS.

.....However, I see that smartphone apps today look to do the same thing as on-board GPS.

The slight caveat is that in-built satnav is part of the car's infotainment system and you can play around with it to your heart's content while driving (while keeping safe of course), but with a mobile satnav unit or with satnav software running on a mobile phone you are not allowed to touch the screen or the device at all when driving - it's a court summons if you do. I am just wondering if London cabbies using Hailo and GetTaxi are aware of this......

No codes supplied but easy to find using this site www.radio-code.lt thanks to Spike on here.
Not yet tried and installed. That will be for the next days.

Question:
Why use a GPS antenna when I'm not going to use the navigation. Does it help for better "standard" radio reception?

i thought you might wanna fiddle with this feature in the futura?
buying the universal gps antenna is cheap, place it somewhere below the dash.

i haven't tested mein gps antenna, it just sits there under the dash

Being a member of the "older" generation, I have never owned a GPS equipped vehicle. A set of good road maps is sufficient for all my getting around needs. I imagine that finding an address in an unknown town will be easier and an definite advantage with a GPS. However, I see that smartphone apps today look to do the same thing as on-board GPS.

On board GPS can still be useful even when you know exactly where you're going as it can alert you to traffic jams and divert you. Doesn't always work as the TMC (traffic message channel) isn't updated instantly but a million times better than traffic announcements as it runs in the background and only shouts out when there's a problem on your route instead of changing the channel/interrupting a CD etc with a traffic report covering the entire country

Need help

I need some help with a small problem.

My c43 has passed the winter months in hibernation with the battery disconnected. I have a trickle charger but that is used on my Ultima.
Wanting to get her out of the winter sleep, I connected the battery, then needed to go through the usual tasks to get everything working again, windows, radio, etc.

I seized the radio code but after several tries I realized that I was trying to input the old radio's code. I found and tried the right code but the screen now reads "Code Wait". Can't do anything more.

Will this message disappear after some time, or do I need to do something else.

Thanks for any tips.

if coed wait won't go away after a while you should go to stealership or try to clear error codes yourself

Not sure if this is the case for all Beckers but I seem to remember something about waiting for 1 or 2 hours (powered up) to allow the next code entry attempt.

Not sure if this is the case for all Beckers but I seem to remember something about waiting for 1 or 2 hours (powered up) to allow the next code entry attempt.

Thanks, I try the powered wait method and see what gives later this afternoon ;)

Didn't need to wait all afternoon. Code now introduced and radio work perfectly :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom