Becker and voice PTT

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

machra

Car
C220
I have a new C220 and a year old Becker Map Pilot. While the navigation works fine I cant get the PTT to work. When I push the PTT button the following message comes up - Please wait until data for oneshot destination entry is loaded. I have left this 'loading' screen on for over 15 minutes but nothing else happens. Anyone else had this problem?

Hi,

I see this is an old post but I'm still very curious if this problem has been solved.

Since two days I'm having the exact same problem and message on my display.

I've been searching everywhere but this is the only result I've found matching my problem. So far I've tried all I can think off but without any result.

I've got a CLA though, everything else is working properly.

I hope someone has a solution.

Thanks in advance,
Jay

image.jpeg I've taken a picture of the message I get hoping someone has seen this before and make the issue more clear.

So when I enter the destination manually and press start navigation to confirm everything works like its suppost to and I can use all menus, change settings etc. radio works as well.

I get this message when I either (like I always used to) press the speech button on my steering wheel to enter my destination, all I can do is cancel from here.
Or when I go to navi, enter the navi menu and try to use the PTT function to enter my destination.

Hope this will help. Thanks again,

Jay

I can only suggest to ensure that the firmware on the Becker Map Pilot unit is updated to the latest version, and that the maps are updated as well.

I did both updates (and also the PC software update) and PTT worked fine for me while i had the Becker map Pilot. It wasn't as good as the COMAND voice commands, but it did work.

I can only suggest to ensure that the firmware on the Becker Map Pilot unit is updated to the latest version, and that the maps are updated as well.

I did both updates (and also the PC software update) and PTT worked fine for me while i had the Becker map Pilot. It wasn't as good as the COMAND voice commands, but it did work.

Thank you very much for your reply,

When we bought the Merc it came with a 45 days free map update but I could never acces the Becker content manager. They couldn't (more wouldn't) help at the manufacturer but that unit was stolen. We got a new one and had an alarm system installed, the new one couldn't be registered either on our laptop so couldn't use the 60 days update one that one either.

I have always used the PTT button without any problems even though firmware and maps were never updated.

After this message started showing up I decided to give the Becker content manager one more chance and it worked finally (did the pc update as well) so I have updated to the latest firmware and software, all countries showed up as updated as well (yellow/not up to date before and now green/up to date).

It's a weird problem because the PTT button both on the steering wheel and in the navi menu do work but give the error message ... so it can't be the buttons or connections I think. Only thing I can think of is some issue with firmware or software but that's updated .....

Ah the good old Becker sat nav. The worst sat nav I ever owned.

I had problems connecting to the pc every time. Their "latest" maps were missing roads that I had driven down the previous year. It would direct me down some really weird routes. Sadly, the turn directions often lagged behind the position on the road so that I'd gone past a junction before it told me to turn. It doesn't like to reroute you. It's favourite please is "do a u-turn when possible". And most annoying of all, you don't turn left or right, you turn half-left or half-right.

You might have guessed by now how much I disliked my Becker. I was really pleased when my next car came with Comand but sadly I'm beginning to think that Comand 5.5 is also a Becker product. It has some of the same annoying traits the worst of which is telling me to turn slight-right or slight-left.

Even my Tom Tom is better than this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom