Becker Audio10 wiring diagram

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ninja bouncer

Car
2001 C220 CDI / Kawasaki ZX9R
I am currently in the process of removing my becker and replacing with a Blaupunkt bluetooth unit which i got at a bargain price
Only problem is, Blaupunkt dont use ISO connectors so you have to wire them up yourself the old fashioned way

can anyone point me in the direction of a wiring diagram of know which wires do what at the plug end?

the speaker block i can work out for myself but im stuck on these 2 below

Attachments

• DSC00274.JPG
    DSC00274.JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 238
  • DSC00275.JPG
    DSC00275.JPG
    142.1 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:
Is there not an adaptor loom for the blaupunkt ?
The plug with the 2 wires browm / brown red is for the CAN bus , it wont need reconnecting , these wires where for steering wheel and controls and dash display .

cheers Alex that looks about right, hopefully will be able to work it out from there.

Shorty, no Blaupunkt dont make them weirdly, idealy would like to keep the steering wheel buttons though,

i thought it might be easier to buy a Merc - ISO adapter and then wire the Blaupunkt one to that rather then mess with the car wiring but according the all the suppliers on ebay Audio 10 is only in cars 04 onwards (mine is 2001)

im getting the hump with it now, might just take the bike for a blast and forget about it for a few hours :crazy:

All aftermarket stereos use ISO connection. The connector on the back of the headunit wont be ISO it will be different for each manufacturer but any stereo you buy new will have a loom that plugs into the back of the headunit and has ISO sockets on the other end. Some headunits have ISO sockets direct on the back of the headunit, some Blaupunkt units are like this.

For steering control you need a stalk adapter: Steering Control Adaptors

Whats the model of headunit your trying to install?

Last edited:
but according the all the suppliers on ebay Audio 10 is only in cars 04 onwards (mine is 2001)

i:crazy:

I think you might find that Audio 10 is pre 04/2004 cars and Audio 20 post 04/2004. Certainly my 2001 W203 has Audio 10 and cannot have Audio 20!

All MB's since the mid90's have used ISO.. the only issue ive had with the later cars is that they dont always have an ignition live as the MB units use CAN to wake it up...

i've had a few Blaupunkts now and i've never had one with a ISO harness,
that said all the others have gone into VW and have been a simple factory plug direct into the head unit.
The Blaupunkt i have was supplied with the speaker block plug and the power/earth/etc plug but with loose ends not an ISO plug

this is the head unit Blaupunkt Hamburg MP68
when you go onto installation parts on the right hand side, nothing much is offered for preface lift W203

i've already got the facia

Im sure halfords will offer a conversion adaptor... Blaupunkt to ISO.

If not then dont cut the wires on the car.. join a mail iso plug to the leads from your stereo.. it will save so much hassle should you wish to change again.

i've had a few Blaupunkts now and i've never had one with a ISO harness,
that said all the others have gone into VW and have been a simple factory plug direct into the head unit.

VW use standard ISO plugs on the factory harness (apart from the newer cars which are quadlock).

As already said Blaupunkt units are all ISO. They either have ISO sockets directly on the back of the headunit or some of the new models have a loom with ISO sockets. I have had a few Blaupunkt units myself.

The original owner must have cut the ISO socket off the Blaupunkt loom. You can source a new loom from Blaupunkt. Or just add the socket back on.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Car-audio-iso...cles_Terminals_Cabling_ET?hash=item27ae3e0da9

Last edited:
thanks for the ebay link,
i bought the head unit brand new so its never been tampered with

i've never seen a Blaupunkt - ISO loom though, sourcing one of these would make things far easier

I've installed a Pioneer DEH-P70BT in my 2001 w203 and purchased the steering wheel adaptor from connects2, plugged it into the CAN-BUS plug but still nothing works?
Any help much appreciated?

Have you conected the can bus corectly the brown wire with red stripe is canbus high

What does "CAN bus" mean and do? I can see that it refers to one of the plugs.

One of you said it connects to the steering wheel controls and somebody else said it brings power, I think.

Confused...

ISO_wiring.jpg

This is an ISO block. Every single Blaupunkt I can recall uses this, the later ones with the smaller pins on the C row (as above), earlier ones had larger pins. This page has wiring information:

http://www.nexxia.co.uk/More_Information/ISO_wiring.htm

I'd had pretty much every Blaupunkt unit made since 1985 across my bench when I worked for them as a repair monkey back in 99; either they've moved on from ISO (I doubt it) or your question makes no sense.. Unless someone's cut the OEM plugs off and resoldered the lead with Alpine or whatever you've removed was?

The Merc should have ISO plugs, and the Blaupunkt should have ISO sockets?

If there's an issue with plugging your head unit directly into your Merc call Blaupunkt's service line (01895 summat-or-other - it's on their site) and speak to one of their tech guys, they're amazing and have a lot of time to just talk stuff through - and if you have found some incompatibility between a mass-market car and their head unit they'll take it up with head office in the fatherland.

How did you get on re steering wheel controls I am considering buying one of these and Halfrauds have told me blaupunkt do an adaptor kit to enable steering wheel control at abot £50 I cant see this on the blaupunkt site, so am going to give them a ring monday . Also going to try Connect2 who seem to do one for £49 . The Incartec one is £99.0.
So far as I can tell the radio also has to be compatible with remote input etc. It would be nice to retain cluster display but I do have a budget.
at the Moment a Wharfedale ICS182 from Argos is working nicely with Bluetooth/ USB and Aux In all for £73 inc 3yr warranty Beat That!

You will find that most car audio stores ( even Halfords ) will sell ISO to bare wires adaptors , with the colour codes printed on them .

I don't usually bother with the wiring built in to cars and tend to run my own fused supply direct from the battery ( both to the head unit in the console and also to the boot where the rest of my electronics are ) , only picking up an ignition switched live and illumination switched wire from one of the bulbs in the centre console , along with the tel mute wire from my carkit .

It would be simple enough to do the above without disturbing any of the car's existing wiring if you feel that you might wish to sell it on at some time , otherwise it does not really matter and you could just chop the wires behind the ISO connector and re terminate .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom