Becker Harman Satnav problems

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

judyd

Car
C220
I'm struggling to load Content Manager on my Becker Harman. I installed it and it was working, I installed maps updates but then Content Manager became stuck on a screen - I uninstalled it and now it won't install correctly.
I have an M054 device.
I believe that the device should be recognised on plugging in but that's not happening although I can see it in control panel.
Maybe my device is not compatible with the upgrade. Does anyone know how I can get back to my original version.
Also does anyone know if the battery needs to be good to install or work in car.
Thank you.

I can only answer the last question...

The Li-ion battery is used in order to ensure stable power supply to the device, meaning that the car's charging system charges the rechargeable battery, and the battery then powers the device. If the rechargeable Li-ion battery is faulty, the device won't work when plugged into the car.

That said, sadly there have been several reports on here about legitimate update attempts bricking the BMP, with Becker not really offering any solution (in spite of the fact that they are still selling new map updates).

You could try upgrading the firmware, which is a free download, though it may be too late for that. And you could try the reset button on the device, though this rarely helps.

Sorry is this is not what you wanted to hear. And good luck with the recovery attempts - some members were successful.

Personally, I had a BMP for two years and successfully updated both the firmware and maps, so they don't all go wrong.

I can only answer the last question...

The Li-ion battery is used in order to ensure stable power supply to the device, meaning that the car's charging system charges the rechargeable battery, and the battery then powers the device. If the rechargeable Li-ion battery is faulty, the device won't work when plugged into the car.

That said, sadly there have been several reports on here about legitimate update attempts bricking the BMP, with Becker not really offering any solution (in spite of the fact that they are still selling new map updates).

You could try upgrading the firmware, which is a free download, though it may be too late for that. And you could try the reset button on the device, though this rarely helps.

Sorry is this is not what you wanted to hear. And good luck with the recovery attempts - some members were successful.

Personally, I had a BMP for two years and successfully updated both the firmware and maps, so they don't all go wrong.
Thank you for that. I’m trying the mercedes dealer at the moment. Does anybody know if the dealer is able to reset and reconfigure?

Thank you for that. I’m trying the mercedes dealer at the moment. Does anybody know if the dealer is able to reset and reconfigure?

To be honest, I doubt it... they'll likely quote for a new BMP unit, at which point it would be better to get a new one from Amazon or a second-hand one from eBay. No harm in trying the dealer first, though...

I understand there is a company called revtronic who will try and reconfigure for £120 and will refund if they can’t do it. Anybody used this company?
Also is it likely that the Becker Harman website will not recognise my device if the battery is flat?
Thank you

I understand there is a company called revtronic who will try and reconfigure for £120 and will refund if they can’t do it. Anybody used this company?
Also is it likely that the Becker Harman website will not recognise my device if the battery is flat?
Thank you
I got one of these for less than that from eBay but I find my phone to be a much better option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom