Becker Map module

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smurph1

Car
2013 Mercedes C220 CDI (W204) saloon auto
I want to purchase for my car, but see various Becker models on eBay. Does it matter what model is purchased?
Do they automatically come with access to free online updates (even though I ma not the original owner)?

Last edited:
I believe there is a 4gb and 8gb version and you really want the 8gb to get the latest maps of Europe to fit on it.

As for free maps, I don't believe there are any. You can buy them from Becker as one off releases, or take a 2 year subscription to get the updates for that period.

OK, not sure if i really need all of Europe! But I suppose the full update that includes UK&Ireland comes within it!
There seem to be differing model numbers, how can I tell what is suitable etc?
The ones being sold on eBay imply they are update-able via Becker website, but don't advise costs, can you advise what the costs are?

https://www.beckermappilot.com/shop/login/

If you buy a brand new genuine unit you get a free update within the first 60 days. Beware though, there are a lot of fakes on ebay which do not update properly.

90 euros for one off update
130 euros for 2 year subscription

No idea on model number though as mine was already fitted. I assume you have all of the wiring and the connection tray in the glovebox already?

I want to purchase for my car, but see various Becker models on eBay. Does it matter what model is purchased?
Do they automatically come with access to free online updates (even though I ma not the original owner)?

Avoid ebay as there are many fakes and some genuine ones that have been fiddled with and wont update.

Your best bet is the Becker site or your local dealer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom