Becker Map Pilot (Card) Problems

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi Everyone,

Just thought i would post the final outcome after so many replies etc. Thank you all for feedback and suggestions, very much appreciated.

Firstly let me say (perhaps it should have been expected), that Becker and MB themselves were not in the least bit helpful about this issue. Very disappointing i must confess. The seller of the BMP Card has been wonderful and was quite happy to offer full refund as he was totally unaware of any issues regarding the pin number etc.

I thought i would try one last time with this and put the card into the system last night. Again it asked for the pin code, again i tried entering some random default numbers, 1-2-3-4, 1-1-1-1, 0-0-00 etc etc. All with the same lack of success as on previous attempts. I then just tried 4-3-2-1...and it worked lol. Have now re-set the code and disable the pin security feature. Works well. Just thought i pass on my small success lol. Would seriously advise all potential purchasers of the BMP Card to make sure they either have the pin code or it has been disabled on the unit. Expect no help whatsoever from the relevant manufacturers.

thanks again to everyone who has offered advice.

Mike

That was lucky.

Have you applied the 2019 maps to it now? If so, what is the start of the Serial number for your BMP? Is it (9077, M013, M041, M045, M046, M050 and M051) or (M054, M075, M076, M083, M084, M085, M092 and M097).

Someone else has reported the 2019 maps aren't working on the earlier (9077, M013, M041, M045, M046, M050 and M051) units. Would help validate this if yours is one of these.

That was lucky.

Have you applied the 2019 maps to it now? If so, what is the start of the Serial number for your BMP? Is it (9077, M013, M041, M045, M046, M050 and M051) or (M054, M075, M076, M083, M084, M085, M092 and M097).

Someone else has reported the 2019 maps aren't working on the earlier (9077, M013, M041, M045, M046, M050 and M051) units. Would help validate this if yours is one of these.

Hi Stu,
Yes have applied the 2019 map updates to BMP...Serial number begins...M054.
Mike

Hi Stu,

I didnt know but thanks for that.
Mike

That was lucky.

Hopefully v18 will work on my MO13, I'll be putting it on soon. I should imaging of the firmware and software etc. are up to date there won't be an issue.

Hopefully v18 will work on my MO13, I'll be putting it on soon. I should imaging of the firmware and software etc. are up to date there won't be an issue.

May be worth checking with Becker before you spend any money though. They not the easiest to communicate with if there is a problem.
Mike

Thats what I was trying to ascertain for people. Would try mine, but as its no longer in use due to replacing the screen with something decent it would be a waste of money.

If you do try let us know how it goes and hopefully put to bed it being an issue.

Not got it yet. To be honest, I may well get a 10.25" android head unit and use Google or waze on that instead.

That's what I have done. Far better and probably the one thing that stopped me selling the car.

Not got it yet. To be honest, I may well get a 10.25" android head unit and use Google or waze on that instead.
Fair enough. Sounds a good plan. Must be honest though, now i have it working i do quite like the way the SatNav displays etc

I have upgraded from Audio20+BMP to COMAND NTG4.7, and while COMAND is by far the better system overall, there are certain elements of BMP that I am missing:

- Easy firmware and maps upgrade (on PC), no need for STAR etc.

- Availability of integrated speed camera database.

- Audible notification when exceeding the speed limit, a feature that can be set to work in the background at all times, i.e. even if the infotainment system is not on NAVI and there's no active route guidance etc.

I don't regret upgrading to COMAND, but as said I do miss these particular features I had on my old BMP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom