Becker Map Pilot - Freezing up

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonnyMercUK

Car
Mercedes C220 CDI AMG SPORT
I don't use the Sat Nav that often however, when I do come to use it, it always seems to be frozen. The only solution is to unplug it and plug it back in again.

Anyone else have this issue?

I'm on the latest software from Becker.

Wonder if you have a problem with the internal battery? Worth a look?

In 3 months my unit has crashed once, just froze up for several seconds then rebooted itself - this was after restarting the car after being parked for a few minutes. Other than that no issues...

jonnyMercUK said:
I don't use the Sat Nav that often however, when I do come to use it, it always seems to be frozen. The only solution is to unplug it and plug it back in again.

I haven't had freezes but it has crashed and restarted about 4 or 5 times since updated in March, yesterday the screen stayed black on navi till I switched unit off and on which seemed to reset it which may be battery related as I hadn't driven for about 5 days but as its only 3 months old I would hope the battery is still ok

Very occasionally I have the same issue- unplug and plug back in and it works again.

I used to have this problem so my dealer updated the head unit software. Becker has worked perfectly ever since.

I used to have this problem so my dealer updated the head unit software. Becker has worked perfectly ever since.

Same here. It used to happen before the update but it hasn't happened since. If you have the DAB issue too, take it for the update anyway and see what happens.

Does it have to be plugged in at the garage for them to tell me if there is an update??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom