Becker Map pilot not connecting to PC - cable issue?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Surreygraham

Car
C class coupe 2014
I have just bought a C class Coupe with a Becker Map pilot and unfortunately I the previous owner did not have the connection cable.

I have a number of mini USB cables which I have tried and it doesn't seem to want to connect.

Can anyone tell me if the specific cable supplied with the Becker unit has pins inside it to fit into the unit and if I therefore need to buy a new 'specific' cable?

Thanks

I have a few Mini-USB cables and they all worked fine with my Becker Map Pilot...

You could try buying the original BMP cable, or you could try connecting the BMP unit to another Windows laptop.

Also, is the BMP unit working fine in the car? If not, then I would try replacing the chargeable Li-ion battery.

I have a few Mini-USB cables and they all worked fine with my Becker Map Pilot...

You could try buying the original BMP cable, or you could try connecting the BMP unit to another Windows laptop.

Also, is the BMP unit working fine in the car? If not, then I would try replacing the chargeable Li-ion battery.
Thanks for the reply.

The unit works in the car althought it can't seem to find GPS at the moment - which is what I am trying to fix and to also update the maps to 2020

I am not sure I have data cables or not as they dont have any connection pins inside - wheras the Becker unit looks like it needs them.
I've checked the battery voltage and it is just over 3.7v so I think that's OK.

Cables seem to be about £10 including postage but I'm just reluctant to buy one if I am going to get the same result.

Do the cables you have used have some connection pins?

Thanks.

Thanks for the reply.

The unit works in the car althought it can't seem to find GPS at the moment - which is what I am trying to fix and to also update the maps to 2020

I am not sure I have data cables or not as they dont have any connection pins inside - wheras the Becker unit looks like it needs them.
I've checked the battery voltage and it is just over 3.7v so I think that's OK.

Cables seem to be about £10 including postage but I'm just reluctant to buy one if I am going to get the same result.

Do the cables you have used have some connection pins?

Thanks.

Like you, I bought the car with the BMP but without the cable.

I had a few Mirco-USB cables lying around and just used them - two or three different ones - and they all worked. I no longer have the BMP unit though so can't check...

They cost between £2.99 to £5.99 on Amazon (though you'll need to have Amazon Prime to get free delivery).

This is probably outdated now, but I had one of these and had the same problem, at the time it was the version of Windows I was running, it would not connect to my main desktop PC not matter what I did to resolve the issue, then by chance I connected it to my lap top and worked without any issues, so if possible try a different computer you never know at least that way you know it isn’t the cable your using.

I'm using an Amazon Basics USB cable and it's working fine over USB2. I have an old PC with USB2 on the motherboard and I've added a USB3 PCIE card. Accessing USB hard drives and the BMP don't work on my USB3 card.

Thanks to everyone who commented.

Eventually I found a cable that connected - not all mini USB cables are the same - some only charge!

I managed to connect but the Firmware update wouldn't work.....see new posting :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom