Becker Map Pilot not muting on audio instructions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Red C220

MB Enthusiast
Car
2021 Mazda MX-30 EV, 2014 FF
Latest (2012) facelift C class with Becker Map pilot fitted.

Up until last Tuesday, when using the sat nav, each time an audible instruction was given the stereo would mute automatically until the instruction ended.

All of a sudden this stopped.

I went throught the System menu on the Audio 20 where the "Mute on navigation audio instruction" command is sited, unchecked, rechecked.

Removed the becker unit in the glove box for a re boot and it's still won't mute when giving instructions.

I can't find any menu options in the Navigation menu that would set this particualr parameter.

Any advice or other sub menus I need to look at?

Hi i have the becker pilot in my car, What you have to do is punch in a route. One you have done before when its finnished calculating push down on the big button near the gear lever (dont know what its called) a menu comes up at the top it says guidance hit the button again at the bottom of that menu tick box that says mute hope that helps red c220 :thumb:

Hi i have the becker pilot in my car, What you have to do is punch in a route. One you have done before when its finnished calculating push down on the big button near the gear lever (dont know what its called) a menu comes up at the top it says guidance hit the button again at the bottom of that menu tick box that says mute hope that helps red c220 :thumb:

I think the OP wants the audio to mute when the instruction is given- not the instruction to be muted which is what will happen if he follows the above. If you have checked " Audio fadeout for nav instructions" then there sounds as though there is a problem somewhere.

I think the OP wants the audio to mute when the instruction is given- not the instruction to be muted which is what will happen if he follows the above. If you have checked " Audio fadeout for nav instructions" then there sounds as though there is a problem somewhere.

Yup, you got it.

It was working as expected right up until Tuesday.

The sat Nav was running fine, Mrs C220 wanted to listen to another radio station, at the very moment she pressed the button to change radio stations, the Navigation gave an instruction.

From that moment on, there is now no "audio fadeout for nav instructions" which is irritating.

I have a feeling the button push at that precise moment has triggered or fried something software wise?

Don't you have the full COMAND Sat Nav in the Edition 125?

Might fix itself

I have the Becker too.

When I was on a weekend jaunt the satnav started showing distances in kilometres. At some point it just reverted to miles without me doing anything.

You could hope that it fixes itself.

I've never had satnav before and have found it to be OK. Having no experience of other systems I can't compare it to other types of satnav.

Don't you have the full COMAND Sat Nav in the Edition 125?

Hi no i just have the becker pilot with the unit in the glove box it seems to work well enough, or should i say since i got the update from becker it works well enough :D

I have the Becker too.

When I was on a weekend jaunt the satnav started showing distances in kilometres. At some point it just reverted to miles without me doing anything.

Mine does that sometimes:dk:

Try pulling the fuse for Comand to reset the system fully.

Try pulling the fuse for Comand to reset the system fully.

he doesn't have Comand- any issue I've had has been cured by unplugging the Becker.

any issue I've had has been cured by unplugging the Becker.

Me too, but it just didn't work this time.

I've had a couple of occassions when it didn't dim off day settings to night settings. One when it froze up and now the audio thing.

I generally have to unplug the unit 3-4 times a month. Terribly clunky software.

Still, it gets you where you need to go.

I just find it so difficult to understand how a £100 Tom Tom units still continues to outperform all these "premium brands".

Why don't they simply bite the bullet and install Tom Tom software.

You tried a Becker reset so next logical thing to do is try resetting the Audio 20 by removing the fuse.

You tried a Becker reset so next logical thing to do is try resetting the Audio 20 by removing the fuse.

Hmm, Whilst I understand where you are coming from, problems with the interface between these two items is a weekly event.

Pulling a fuse on the Audio 20 weekly is treating the symptoms not the problem.

I'll have a chat with the dealer, not that I hold up much hope.

Hmm, Whilst I understand where you are coming from, problems with the interface between these two items is a weekly event.

Pulling a fuse on the Audio 20 weekly is treating the symptoms not the problem.

I'll have a chat with the dealer, not that I hold up much hope.

Mines pretty stable now but do have regular problems with ipad interface and DAB radio, freezing and jumping channels

Take it to your dealer - It,s under warranty

I have the same problem as the OP. C250 CDI Coupe with the Becker Nav and Audio 20.

Did you get a solution for this problem?
I did an update to the Becker Nav last night and I wonder if this could be the cause for the problem?

Last edited:
I have just just muted nav instructions until I find a solution. After a reset on the Audio 20, it appears to work until you change the volume of either the radio or the nav instructions. it gets confused again after that. I bet is a firmware issue with either the Becker or Mercedes Audio 20.

Mine just started working again, what it does now is simply lower the volume of the music rather than mute it.

....then there's the 'feature' which makes it change to kilometers all of its own accord.

Not sussed out what triggers this yet.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom