Becker Map Pilot not Recognised

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

babsal

Car
SLK
I just bought a 2nd hand becker map pilot for my SLK, stuck it in the car and it was all working great. I decided to purchase the speed camera update for it so I downloaded the Becker Content Manager, plugged in my device to the pc and downloaded the speed cameras to it.
I then plugged the Becker back into my car and nothing showed up, it says "no navigation module is connected." I brought it back in and plugged it into my pc and its not being recognised by my pc anymore, i.e. the content manager can't seem to find it. I've tried it in 3 different pc's. I've reset the Becker and also taken out the battery and put back in again. I've also tried different cables.
Help I'm at a loss what to try now to get it working again!

I know the BMP can be moved from car to car with no issues but I don't know if, for example, the unit was registered to the previous owner (and their PC) or PIN locked, if updating might be a problem. There have been several requests on this very topic over the last few months but no-one has posted if it is solvable, that I have seen.

I wonder if the first owner did what we did and registered it his/her name and the unit won't recognise another PC/owner unless it is dissociated with the first owner. I believe this is an anti-theft measure.

Thanks for the replies. I've tried the suggestions but to no avail.
Perhaps it being locked to someone else could be an option though.

same problem for me .... can anyone help :(

Buy yourself a decent Tom Tom sat nav instead.

I've had both the Becker Map Pilot and the Comand NTG5.5 (also Becker) and both have been c**p compared to Tom Tom. You can't even get speed cameras on the Comand.

Can't wait for my next car, whatever it will be.

I also tried to do a Firmware update on my Becker Map during which it froze. Since then I have not been able to use it as it can no longer be seen by my computer or the car. I contacted Mercedes Sellers and they can not do anything about it. does anybody know of a way to reset the d*** thing?

I also tried to do a Firmware update on my Becker Map during which it froze. Since then I have not been able to use it as it can no longer be seen by my computer or the car. I contacted Mercedes Sellers and they can not do anything about it. does anybody know of a way to reset the d*** thing?
Can you see the BMP internal storage on your PC (i.e. as a USB Drive on 'My Computer')?

If so you may be able to recover the unit by downloading and copying the relevant files into the internal storage.

Hi markjay. Thank you for the quick reply.
I am afraid since it froze at Firmware update, I haven't been able to see the BMP on my PC. So I was hoping that there was a way to reset the BMP. I have tried the reset button but it does not help either.

Someone else had this recently, they got in touch with Becker who replaced the unit even though it was out of warranty. There was no other fix for it.

Should be a thread on here somewhere if you search.

Thank you 400ixl. I'll try that and get back with result. Have a nice day.

I just bought a 2nd hand becker map pilot for my SLK, stuck it in the car and it was all working great. I decided to purchase the speed camera update for it so I downloaded the Becker Content Manager, plugged in my device to the pc and downloaded the speed cameras to it.
I then plugged the Becker back into my car and nothing showed up, it says "no navigation module is connected." I brought it back in and plugged it into my pc and its not being recognised by my pc anymore, i.e. the content manager can't seem to find it. I've tried it in 3 different pc's. I've reset the Becker and also taken out the battery and put back in again. I've also tried different cables.
Help I'm at a loss what to try now to get it working again!
I am having the exact same issue. I think there is an issue with a recent update from the Becker map.pilot but of course they won't admit it or offer any real help. My navigation system was working great until the last update. I have updated it before with no problem so I KNOW it was something in that last update. Such a blower!

Just a thought but are the connections all clean, no dust has got in, and is the connecting lead a know working lead? Sometimes a poor connection can cause this. I have a can of spray contact cleaner I use sometimes when I get issues like this, works a treat. The Becker module is nothing more than a SD card in a box (effectively) its just flash memory. So if its not seen by the pc, its a bad connection or its gone bad. If you have no joy I would also recommend contacting them for advice.

I recently bought the latest update for mine and my pc would only recognise the map pilot with the battery removed. Once updated I popped the battery back in and all working fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom