Becker Map Pilot review ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi mate, can you still get these? Are they current?

Hey Robtt
If you are still looking for Becker Map Pilot. I can offer you one for 210 including postage. I'm based in London. Its the Q4 version.
Let me know if you are interested.

Regards
I meant to reply to this.

I had one in my a class for 3 months before I changed car, If I had to do it again i would have left it off the options, rather expensive for what is provided.

Becker map pilot Changing the PTT language from german to english??

Hi everyone

I have just purchased an A250 with the Becker map pilot and cant work out how to change the PTT language from german to english, Can anyone point me in the right direction???

Thanks

Mrbean

Becker Map Pilot

A month ago I had a new map pilot fitted to my C250. It works ok but when I used it 2 days ago the voice instructions had stopped working - I have checked settings and everything seems ok and mute is off, and have tried turning up volume at start up, so can't figure out how to restart the voice. Has anyone else had this problem or any idea how to get the voice working again? Apart from the voice the Becker seems to be working perfectly. I rang the Merc dealership I bought the car and Becker from but unlike Mercedes usual customer service the guy said he hadn't time to help me and "I would have to work it out for myself!" (Thanks Mercedes for your support!) Any help would be most appreciated.

When in direction mode press the large button, you get a list of options come up, the bottom one on right is speech on/off but strangely enough on mine a Red Cross means speech on and green tick means a peach off. If that doesn't work try and take unit out and press reset button .

Hi guys just bought a becker for my c class saloon it arrived today bought it from amazon was listed as 8gb but sticker on box says its 4gb is there a way of checking

Tanks Lee

There is a way using the Becker content manager BUT wise not to break the box seal at all. There will be other info on the BOX label such as software date/version post that up.

Its all good guys i contacted beker and they talked me through it on the phone and it is an 8gb version :)

Map Pilot

I can only say that the most disapointing thing about my new MB is the Becker map pilot, it is not intuitive in use, will not recognise more than 25% of voice commands (yet my last car with Command was much better) cannot
be updated to include cameras, module needs pulling out to reset occasionally, is at least 10-20% out on ETA and does not update re traffic problems, it is complicated to cancel or quieten while en-route, I could not update on line etc. etc. I now use my garmin which out-classes the becker by 500% and costs 20%. Can say no more.

AdrianC said:
I can only say that the most disapointing thing about my new MB is the Becker map pilot, it is not intuitive in use, will not recognise more than 25% of voice commands (yet my last car with Command was much better) cannot
be updated to include cameras, module needs pulling out to reset occasionally, is at least 10-20% out on ETA and does not update re traffic problems, it is complicated to cancel or quieten while en-route, I could not update on line etc. etc. I now use my garmin which out-classes the becker by 500% and costs 20%. Can say no more.

Not a big fan of the Becker myself, however speed cameras and map updates can be added. You can purchase them from the Becker web site.

i have been ask by a friend to sell his becker map pilot for him sealed never opened A166 900 08 Q1/2015 how much is it worth

Hi folks,

Just wondering if anyone can give me some advice. I'm about to purchase from fleaBay a used Becker map pilot. I believe it's 4gb and has an expiry of Q1/2013.
It's costing £180. Should I be careful of anything and how do I then register the unit in my name and do the updates?? Would that even be possible.

Oh and I kinda need to bug it by tonight!!

Any thoughts/advice would be appreciated.

Thinking about purchasing Becker Map Pilot and wonder if anyone using one can give me an idea if it is worth having ?
I have Becker map pilot in my 2013 slk. Won't accept some legitimate, established addresses. A few weeks ago mbusa told me this is "a known issue". Also, map pilot just quit on me once, leaving me to fend for myself. I also contacted Becker and got no help. Maybe some improvements have been made since mine. But on a scale of 0 to 10 I give it a 4. Too much money for poor performance. I like my 10 yr old Garmin.

Hi, newby here, just got my 2nd C class estate. very disappointed with the becker satnav, have never had one that wont allow me to save addresses (other than in previous destinations where there a limit to the number you can have and theyre not listed in any address or distance order). Also, no means to import/export addresses? my old c220 had that and even my nissan qashqai and wife's Juke can import.

that, coupled to an ipod connector that doesnt work with ipod, is more than disappointing!

Hi - Can anyone tell if there any major differences between the BE9077 and the BE MO13 Map Pilot units? Struggling to find anything via google.....

I bought a Becker Map Pilot for my new A180 CDI from Amazon UK in January 2013. Installed s/w on PC, and updated maps without any problems. Worked perfectly until March 2015, since which time I is not recognised in A180, my newer C220 Coupe, or on 2 PCs or Apple Mac. Dealer won't help as unit not purchased from them. Amazon seller says its out of guarantee. Harman Becker don't respond apart from telling me to re-set it (can't do that if computer doesn't recognise unit). Any Ideas as to where I can take or send it to find out what's wrong.

Is there not a button or hole where you can insert paper clip to reset ? I seem to remember mine had button or hole.

hi all new here can a becker map pilot work without the battery inside the module

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom