Becker Map pilot stopped working

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Krissx

Car
Mercedes C250 AMG coupe
Can anyone advise?
I’ve had my Mercedes C250 for a couple of years now and have been using the Becker Map pilot which was bought for me, and it worked very well.
Suddenly, with no warning, it stopped working and shows No Navigation.
I have replaced the battery thinking it was that, but error message remains the same.
Has anyone had the same problem and can advise why it may have suddenly stopped?
Thanks
krisx

Have you downloaded the Becker software and plugged it into your PC to check it is being read?

Have you downloaded the Becker software and plugged it into your PC to check it is being read?
It will also help identify if the issue is with the BMP unit itself or with the car (cradle/connector/Audio20 etc).

Also, if the BMP unit is responsive, I recommend a firmware upgrade (if not on latest version already).

Had a similar problem, Becker Map Pilot 9077.

Every time I plugged the unit into the car it froze on the splash screen.

Eventually a message would appear saying that the navigation system was initialising but it would just loop back to the splash screen.

I carried out the following steps.

1. Removed all files from the sat nav unit using cut and paste on PC, paste the files to a folder for safe keeping.

2. Uninstalled software from PC.

3. Reinstall software to PC.

4. Login to Becker program.

5. Plug unit into PC.

6. Check unit for updates, key I think, firmware was updated.

7. Unit was detected as first use by program, asked if I wanted to download European Maps, I said yes.

8. Wait on all downloads and updates completing, avoid the the latest version of unit software as I think the newer one may cause issues.

9. Plug unit into car, successful initialisation with latest maps.

Hope this help, it was a lot of trial and error but it worked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom