Becker Map Pilot - Wipe and Restore Help Please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wzwzrd

Really appreciate anyone's advice/help please
I have a Becker Map Pilot in my Mercedes W204 that has suddenly stopped working.
When I switch to Nav in the car, the map pilot shows the Becker logo, but continuously loops and wont load anything.
I have tried to restore by connecting to my laptop but cannot find my backed up maps.
I had to rebuild my laptop recently, so it looks like my original backup of the module has gone.
When I try and download a version from the Becker website I log on but when I try and download get a message saying
"the password you entered does not correspond to that of the content manager"
Device ID is
M054F08F0131336
Firmware R22.0.0711
Build 6.01.1185.0

I've tried resetting by pushing a pin into the reset button on the side of the module but this didn't help

any help appreciated - cheers

Last edited:
Hi There,
Have you tried removing & re-installing the software in the updates in the Manage section of content manager, if the unit will connect to the manager ??

Have tried to reset the password on the Content Manager? Send an email to Becker?

After much faffing about and about 5 phone calls to Becker support - who were excellent to be honest. I was sent a link to install the full latest version of the software and maps, the guy on support couldnt understand why restoring the previous version, but installing the latest full version did the trick

Hi Wzwzrd, had the same problem yesterday. The unit is in a constant loop and will not load. I have even tried plugging in to my PC through Content Manager to try and restore but device is not even recognised no warning beep on pc / nothing. Going to have to call there customer service, I am gutted as I only updated the maps in September..!!!

Hi Wzwzrd, had the same problem yesterday. The unit is in a constant loop and will not load. I have even tried plugging in to my PC through Content Manager to try and restore but device is not even recognised no warning beep on pc / nothing. Going to have to call there customer service, I am gutted as I only updated the maps in September..!!!

Have you tried a different USB cable, mine was a bit fussy, or maybe I used a charging only cable.

Did you manage to sort this? I've got the exact same issue :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom