Becker map pilot

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brian 1

Car
MB A Class 180d sport
Getting used to my map pilot now, it's a great navigation system, far better than any other I have used,this came free with my car, just wondered what you guys think??

Becker Pilot

Like you I am new to the Becker Pilot and agree it is a good system but how do you turn it off. In the Operating Guide which I down loaded from the web it reads: "Press the NAVI button on the audio system" to turn it on. "Press the corresponding button on the audio system" to turn it off. I assume that the NAVI button and the corresponding button are one and the same thing but when I press it to turn it off, nothing happens. Do you or anyone else know where I am going wrong?

Last edited:
Becker has been OK for us. Even though we have had it for nearly 3 years I'm not sure how to turn it off with out looking - I think one of the on-screen options is to stop or cancel route guidance. Then you just select audio or leave navi on to view the map.

If anyone wants one, I'll have a 3 year old one to sell in April.

I have the Becker Pilot too and rate it highly.

Turning off is easy, just click the "RADIO" button and the Pilot turns off and radio/media comes on. :)

I have the Becker Pilot too and rate it highly.

Turning off is easy, just click the "RADIO" button and the Pilot turns off and radio/media comes on. :)
I have tried that but with the radio on the sat nav continues to talk

Think you have to cancel the route??

Becker in our car hasn't missed a beat in 3 years. However, I think the bad press it gets is when/if you try to update maps.

We've not even bothered trying. Happy to leave it be.

Ant.

I've updated mine to get the traffic information to work, more a firmware update. I did at the same install danger spot warning as well and this has been quite useful.

To turn off the route or voice simply press the control wheel down (one firm click).

This brings up a sub menu at the right hand side of the screen and you can then either select to cancel the guidance or mute the voice.

I also think it's a good system being on my third and have also had command, but prefer the user updatable maps and speed cameras with the Becker.

As a quick alternative you can mute the voice simply by turning down the volume whilst it is speaking. I tend to use mine in mute mode most of the time as I don't like the voice interruptions unless I'm really lost!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom