Becker Map Pilot

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

old boy

Car
MB 220 cdi
I have followed the correspondence relating to this item but as yet I am unable to get my BMP to work. I purchased the device second hand last year in September and following a slight battle with the computer I got it to function and it was fine until recently when an upgrade upset it. I was asked to reset it but since then nothing has happened and according to my local MB dealer it is now dead. The device will not connect up to my desktop and I have tried every USB port on the computer. I have been in touch with Becker in Germany and they have sent me instructions, which have had no effect but they did tell me that it was first used on 11.06 2015.

I have been in touch with the seller but he does not answer any correspondence, what a surprise! I wonder if there is any method of finding the original supplier by using the serial numbers on the device or does any one know an organisation that repairs them. I have tried Comand in Lightwater without success, which was one suggestion. It will probably have to go into the bin but I wonder what, if I buy another one, whether the maps I purchased will be transferable. Probably not but it is worth seeking advice.

I had exact same issue with the BMP, as I bought mine from dealer with car it was replaced under warranty. I suspect its a well known issue as I didnt even have to ask about replacement as soon as they checked it was bought from them they replaced

Many thanks for the helpful replies. Tried everything including use of other computers with no joy. Interesting comment comes up on trouble shooter saying that this is "an incompatible application" so I suspect the problem may be with the computer although it worked the first time Content Manager was installed. A ray of light has happened as the seller has got in touch although not in UK at present.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom