Becker Map Pilot

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JiggySawdust

Car
Mercedes C180
I have had problems updating my Becker satnav. I paid 90 Euros for an updated copy of the Europe map (including UK) and ther update has wiped half of England so it's now unusable!

I called the freephone helpline (0800 612 3005) and got the impression this was a known problem, or at least one that had cropped up before. I raised a ticket on the beckermappilot.com/shop website 10 days ago and have heard nothing back, even after chasing them twice more, the second time directly to their email address, [email protected].

1. Have other people had this problem with a Becker update? Can it be fixed?
2. Is technical support always this appalling?

I am never going to buy another Becker satnav but in the meantime I need to get my current one working.

Thanks.

I have had problems updating my Becker satnav. I paid 90 Euros for an updated copy of the Europe map (including UK) and ther update has wiped half of England so it's now unusable!

I called the freephone helpline (0800 612 3005) and got the impression this was a known problem, or at least one that had cropped up before. I raised a ticket on the beckermappilot.com/shop website 10 days ago and have heard nothing back, even after chasing them twice more, the second time directly to their email address, [email protected].

1. Have other people had this problem with a Becker update? Can it be fixed?
2. Is technical support always this appalling?

I am never going to buy another Becker satnav but in the meantime I need to get my current one working.

Thanks.

Update: I now have this working, no thanks to Becker. I never heard back from them. It would appear that although they continue to sell updates to the map pilot, they don't bother supporting it. So my advice is: if you are looking to update your Becker map pilot, do so at your own risk, take a backup first and don't expect any help from Becker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom