becker maps

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ilunn

Car
E CLASS CONVERTABLE + B CLASS,
Hi all. We have a becker nav pilot and from what I can see there are 3 options to update the maps, 1 becker web site (approx £89), 2 SD card slot (price unknown), and 3 there is a listing on internet saying for £29.99 and the updates are done over 2 days worth of small downloads, any one know the SD cost and does it have to be via Mercedes (surely a sd card can easly be copied) also has anyone tried the £29.99 option. if there any other ways to get updated (from 2014 maps) to something newer (even if its not the very latest.

I’ve not tried this in my Map Pilot but I fitted an aftermarket head unit to my last car and it came with free down loads for the sat nav, these came broken down into small folders but I couldn’t get them to work, turns out after speaking to the IT guy at work you need a piece of software to build the folders back into 1 folder again for the sat nav to read it, it was a lot of messing about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It depends on which unit you have. Some have the HU which takes the SD card and others have the unitu in the glove box which you remove an update via download with the Becker software. The updates are tied to the unit I believe. Certainly the software download is through the software side.

You can get a 2 year subscription for around 129 euro which will give up to 4 updates. Latest maps came out a couple of weeks ago.

Jon put the files into dropbox or another file sharing site send me a link i will join the files for you

Last edited:
Jon put the files into dropbox or another file sharing site send me a link i will join the files for you

this was a few years back and the IT guy did it for me but thanks for the generous offer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom