Becker nav work with any ntg4.5 stereo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

emc4raz

Car
c220 cdi sport coupe
Hi, just wondering if any ntg4.5 will work with a becker sat nav setup, my cd changer unit is damaged withn my stereo and having to source a replacement

No, you can't mix Becker Map Pilot with COMAND NTG4.5.

Becker Map Pilot will only work with Audio20 (and assuming you have the pre-wiring kit fitted).

What's the fault with your COMAND NTG4.5?

Actually I am not sure I fully understand your issue.

My W204 came with Audio20 and Becker Map Pilot (and the pre-wiring kit).

www.comandonline.co.uk removed the Audio20 and Becker Map Pilot, and retrofitted COMAND NTG4.5 instead.

So it's either Audio20 with Becker Map Pilot, or COMAND NTG4.5 - but you can't mix-and-match.

What do you have now - Audio20 or COMAND NTG4.5? And what exactly is the fault with it?

....if you have Audio20 with Becker Map Pilot, and the CD in the Audio20 is faulty, then the cheapest option is to either repair the faulty Audio20, or buy a second hand one from eBay.

COMAND NTG4.5 retrofit will definitely cost more, and also it's not a straight swap because it requires quite a few additional items to be changed (LCD screen, instrument cluster bezel, fans and heating ducts, GPS antenna).

It's a great retrofit if you want it - I should know, I had it done myself - but it's not the quickest or cheapst way to deal with a faulty Audio20 unit.

Hope this makes sense.

PS - COMAND NTG4.5 has built-in SatNav software and GPS, so there would be no point in connecting a Becker Map Pilot SatNav to it, even if it was possible, which it isn't....)

So my car has a Becker nav setup. On the cd player the unit has ntg4.5 on the sticker. Just wondering if the Becker setup is plug and play. Looking to buy a used stereo

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

So my car has a Becker nav setup. On the cd player the unit has ntg4.5 on the sticker. Just wondering if the Becker setup is plug and play. Looking to buy a used stereo

OK... so you have Audio20 NTG4.5, not COMAND NTG4.5.

The designation 'NTG4.5' applies to both, although Audio20 and COMAND are two different system. Sorry for the confusion.

The Becker Map Pilot that came with your car will only work with the Mercedes-Benz Audio20 unit, it will not work with any aftermarket unit.

So you could:

Repair the Audio20 with the faulty optical drive

or

Replace the faulty Audio20 with a second-hand unit off eBay

or

Buy an aftermarket infotainment system without navigation, and use a standalone SatNav on the dash (TomTom / Garmin etc) or a smartphone-based app (Google Maps / Waze etc)

or

Buy an aftermarket infotainment system with built-in SatNav (branded e.g. Alpine/Pioneer, or generic Android-based)

Hope this helps.

PS - if you do replace the Audio20 with an aftermarket infotainment system, that you can sell the Becker Map Pilot unit on eBay or via the Classified section on this site. They go second-hand for £100-£200 (depending on the model and maps update version).

Last edited:
OK... so you have Audio20 NTG4.5, not COMAND NTG4.5.

The designation 'NTG4.5' applies to both, although Audio20 and COMAND are two different system. Sorry for the confusion.

The Becker Map Pilot that came with your car will only work with the Mercedes-Benz Audio20 unit, it will not work with any aftermarket unit.

So you could:

Repair the Audio20 with the faulty optical drive

or

Replace the faulty Audio20 with a second-hand unit off eBay

or

Buy an aftermarket infotainment system without navigation, and use a standalone SatNav on the dash (TomTom / Garmin etc) or a smartphone-based app (Google Maps / Waze etc)

or

Buy an aftermarket infotainment system with built-in SatNav (branded e.g. Alpine/Pioneer, or generic Android-based)

Hope this helps.

PS - if you do replace the Audio20 with an aftermarket infotainment system, that you can sell the Becker Map Pilot unit on eBay or via the Classified section on this site. They go second-hand for £100-£200 (depending on the model and maps update version).
How do I distinguish a command from a audio 20. I have seen a unit on eBay does not say command or audio 20. The player is identical to my one apart from the cd changer

COMAND has an SD-Card slot at the front of the unit. Audio20 does not have an SD-Card Slot.

See below:

COMAND.png

Also, I advertised the Audio20 that was removed from my car in the Classified:

https://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/cla...uster-fascia-boot-handle-trim-switch-bar.html

But I am not sure if it will fit your car - mine is 2013 C-Class W204. Also you mention 'CD-Changer' - mine only has a single CD slot (i.e. no changer) - you can see on the label that it says '1CD'. But the pictures in my ad may help you - as said this is Audio20.

Thanks for the help, the connctors on the rear of your cd player are dfferent, i have found one with the same colours on ebay

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom