Becker No Navigation Module connected

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeterB4134

Car
SLK
Can anyone offer any help with a problem I am having with the Becker Navigation module on my SLK. I am no getting the message ‘no navigation module connected‘. The module is also not being recognised by the Becker Content Manager when I plug it into the PC.

I have replaced the battery on the advice of another thread since the original battery looked a little swollen. Unfortunately this does not appear to have made any difference.

The problem seems to have started when the centre console was recently removed to fix a stuck ashtray. Is there anyway that removing the centre console could effect the Becker navigation? I cannot be sure that the navigation module was working before the centre console was removed as the car has hardly moved since lockdown started. Can the car not being used have any effect on the Becker?

Any suggestions would be greatly received.

Thanks In anticipation.

I am interested to watch your thread as I have exactly the same issue. The battery in the Becker went flat during lockdown and was swollen. I put in a new battery and plugged it in. Checking the battery with a voltmeter I can see that it is now fully charged but the module will not work in the car (stops at Harman/Becker logo) and it is not recognised on my PCs. I have just pulled an old PC out of the cupboard with an old version of Windows but that is also not recognising it.

Can anyone offer any help with a problem I am having with the Becker Navigation module on my SLK. I am no getting the message ‘no navigation module connected‘. The module is also not being recognised by the Becker Content Manager when I plug it into the PC.

I have replaced the battery on the advice of another thread since the original battery looked a little swollen. Unfortunately this does not appear to have made any difference.

The problem seems to have started when the centre console was recently removed to fix a stuck ashtray. Is there anyway that removing the centre console could effect the Becker navigation? I cannot be sure that the navigation module was working before the centre console was removed as the car has hardly moved since lockdown started. Can the car not being used have any effect on the Becker?

Any suggestions would be greatly received.

Thanks In anticipation.

I don't know the cause of the malfunction, but just to say that the Becker Map Pilot bracket in the glove compartment connects to the back of the Audio20 unit via a cabling loom, so if the Audio20 unit or the cabling around it were disturbed, then this might cause an issue with the Becker Map Pilot.

That said, the issue you describe isn't uncommon (as can be seen from post #2), so it may be unrelated to the work carried-out on the central console.

Thank you for comments. Since the Becker won’t even communicate to my PC I suspect it is broken. I have use a multimeter and checked the battery. The original is showing 0V but the new one is reading around 3.7V so that isn’t the problem. Why the first battery should swell and fail with the car parked up mystifies me but can’t see how that would cause the Map Pilot to fail. Looks like I will need to buy a new one. May try a second hand one as easier than removing the centre console again. Thanks once again.

Hi, did you manage to solve your problem regarding Becker sat nav module

Stew1984, sorry for the very late response to your question. Just doing so very overdue admin on my email and came across your question.
Unfortunately I haven't got it sorted. :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom